While there are probably many things that make up the ingredients of confidence in homemaking, here are two that you can easily do:
Make your living room or the room that is in view of the front door, presentable. If the rest of the house is in neglect, cleaning this one room can give you a lot of confidence and make you feel like doing more. The front room will be immediately seen by anyone who comes to see you. Whether it be someone delivering a package or a neighbor, the impression they leave with, is very important. It can depress them or give them a lift. A clean living room will give you a big boost of confidence, and bring on a feeling of contentment.
A logical way to do this is:
1. Remove all items that do not belong in the room: clothing items, toys, books and magazines left out, papers and pens, dishes, food, etc. and return them to their places. Instead of taking one item at a time to its place, collect everything in a laundry basket.
2. Straighten pictures, pillows, blankets and rugs.
3. Sweep and vacuume
4. wipe with a damp cloth all the dust from picture frames, table surfaces, lamps and tops of things, even books.
5. Add something bright and cheerful that gives you peace, to the room.
Having that one room sparkling clean and welcoming is is like getting a new lease on life.
In the Old House
by Childe Hassam American, 1859-1936
Pamper yourself by dressing up as if you were going to see someone important or go somewhere important. If you are a Christian, the Lord is ever present with you in your home, and your family is important enough to dress for. Those who may greet you at your door need to see you looking well dressed and happy. You will be amazed how dressing up and doing your hair will make you feel. It will change your attitude toward your housework, make you walk and act more dignified, and feel more elegant.
This can be accomplished by:
1. Getting up early enough to prepare yourself.
2. Taking a shower.
3.Dressing and taking some time with your hair and your appearance.
4. Having a cup of tea and making your list for the day, in the quiet before the rest of the household stirs.
Preparing yourself for the day is like getting ready to go on a vacation.