Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Scenic Wedding Setting

My husband officiates at many weddings throughout the year. It is impossible for me to attend every one of them, but a few days ago I was able to go to an outdoor wedding and events center for a wedding. It was close to my home so I took my camera and was very happy that I got there early and could get some photos of the land.
This landscaping was so artistic and I got some ideas for things I would like to do on the land surrounding my little house.
A bridge across the little creek was decorated with hanging led-light balls that glowed more as it grew darker.
The wedding was a western theme, with these candle lanterns.

Another view of the picket-fence bridge.

The gazebo

Closer look at that lighted ball.

Reception tables
Potting shed

From the wedding property could be seen the wheat land with a house roof peeking up over the hedge of trees.


A look at one corner of the land as the light began to fade.


One of the children picked this bunch of flowers from my own garden. I thought it looked like the print of the 18th century painting in the frame.

Getting adjusted to the routine of home is a challenge after being so off schedule for two months. I still have not unloaded my suitcase because I launched right into homemaking. You probably have read at the Pleasant Times blog that Lillibeth has been in the hospital and is recovering here at home.

7 comments:

magnoliasntea said...

What an absolutely gorgeous spot for a wedding. I love all the landscaping, especially the bridge. Thank you for sharing the pictures.

Michelle said...

I love the photos. It's just beautiful for a wedding. Hope Lillibeth is restored to full health real soon.

lynn m said...

Lydia, you really do take very good photographs. So glad you did so at the wedding spot.
I am sorry to learn Lillibeth was in the hospital...hope it was not too serious for her.

lynn m said...

I forgot to comment on your little bouquet of flowers and the really beautiful old painting....to see them together is a nice thing...very calming to view. Glad you poseted both like that.
LM

anonymous said...

Such a serene setting, makes one want to sit, contemplate and have a cup of tea. A nice spot to get away from stress.

Thank you for sharing and glad you were able to go there for a while.

Mrs. J.

Anonymous said...

That is a gorgeous venue for a wedding. So peaceful and tranquil.

I also love your pic of the wildflowers next to the framed postcard. You're right, they go together perfectly.

I sure hope Lillibeth is recovering well and feeling better every day.

living from glory to glory said...

Hello, So glad that you're home! You're a comfort to so many. The sweet flowers were worth more than ten dozen roses. Thanks for your pictures!
Blessings, Roxy