Monday, January 12, 2015

Angoby's Fig and Smoked Salmon Salad



Dressing:

Juice of two limes
2 tablesp white wine vinegar
Splash of water
Tsp water
Cup of chopped fresh mint and a good slug of oil (Angela's  own measurement)

Layer in pan as follows:

Fresh lettuce leaves
Sliced radish
Blanched Asparagus 
Half sliced cherry tomatoes
Sliced Fresh Figs or pears or any fruit. You cannot use dried fruit or canned. 
Segmented oranges 
Sliced smoked salmon or sliced deli meats
Sliced avocado 
Havarti cheese with the ham, Brie with  the salmon salmon
Layer again without lettuce

Serve with gourmet breads and butter or any kind of spread you like .

I would like to try this with other types of dressings.

This is my last day in Kyneton and to my horror yesterday I left my camera behind and saw the most wonderful, enchanting, send-me into euphoria Victorian houses that are still being lived in and looked after.n I have never seen anything like them anywhere. 






A sewing Kit using a porcelain half-doll:


Very pretty variegated chiffon-type ribbon in back, pockets for sewing accessories, skirt is stuffed to make a pincushion, with a cardboard circle in it for sitting.






One of the interesting  lights here.

Table set for lunch.


Last night we enjoyed these chicken fillets and parsley potatoes.  The fillets are pounded flat and dredged in breadcrumbs, then cooked in oil and served with Hollandaise sauce.

Parsley and onions are sautéed and then mixed in to boiled potatoes.

3 comments:

living from glory to glory said...

Dear Lydia, I am so glad you are having a lovely holiday! It will help you to feel inspired and blessed!
I would love to see a rose outside today.
Enjoy all of it! That salad looks wonderful!
Roxy

Mrs. Cote said...

The food in this post looks delicious!

Unknown said...

This post reminds me how we can make ordinary things extraordinary. The sandwiches are not only delicious I am sure, but very pretty also. A wonderful life is about these little things.