Monday, October 10, 2016

A Little Side-Interest





My husband is amused at my side-interest outside the house, so he bought me some tube lights for the fake carriage:


 I will do the back wheels later. 


After 20 years of homesteading in Alaska, my father took up roots and packed up to move to Tasmania. When other shocked homesteaders asked him why he was doing this after 20 years, he said, 

"it must be the gypsy in me."

I might build a gypsy wagon next time and put lights on it, like on the carriage.

I hope you are all well,

God Bless You,

Lydia









Daylight views:  Check below for ingredient list!


To make this you will need,

A three sided garden arbor trellis of lightweight metal, with sections removed to make it shorter (discount garden centers, big box stores, etc)
4 large metal wreath forms (Fabric store, Hobby Lobby) for wheels
4-8 strands of plastic ivy garland. (dollar store)
4 ropes of white lights. (Walmart)
4 short rolls wire mesh decorative wide ribon to wrap wheels - Dollar Store
Outdoor extension chord (dollar store)
Vinyl wicker settee- discount stores
1 waterproof hobby horse

Look at Goodwill and second hand stores also for these ingredients.

You may also need small bricks or weights to hold the trellis firm at the base.

This would also look good on a front lawn but it is a lot of trouble to keep moving it when the lawn needs mowing.



10 comments:

living from glory to glory said...

How very sweet of your hubby, I like the gypsy part once in a while myself. Staying active and having an artsy attitude and making things lovely and cheerful!
Hugs, Roxy

Mrs. Christopher Daniels said...

I like the lighting! Nice touch Mr. Stanley.

Laura Lane said...

This made me smile! Be blessed!
Mrs. Laura Lane
Carthage, Missouri

Lynn Maust said...

How fun to see your lights on the carriage tonight....well done,Lydia! And Stanley was a dear to get them for you.

Polly said...

That is really enchanting! It's very cheerful, too!

Christine said...

The lights really make it POP!
I can see it decorated for Christmas.

ladypinktulip said...

I love your carriage...what a special treat to go out and sit there! I think it is perfectly charming and I love it! Kelly T.

God's Grace Overflows said...

How very sweet for your hubby to get lights for you and that carriage is so adorable! We all need a gypsy spirit from time to time....we pack up the camper and head for the mountains!
I hope you are well. Have a great week, Lydia!
Hugs, Amy

Fiona Ferris said...

I love it! Life is too short not to have fun. I bet you feel like a Queen in your carriage :)

Lydia said...

Fiona, Polly, Kelly, Christine, Tierra, Laura and others. Thank you for visiting and commenting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...