Thursday, March 02, 2017

From My Home



Hello Ladies,

Today I want to post something more lighthearted than the previous post. I was looking around the house and noticed how cheerful this chair and table looked, so am sharing it today. 

If you like the teapot, you might check your Ross or Marshall stores (similar to the reject stores in Australia). The cost is usually about $4.00 or less for a cup and saucer. It is not a heavy stone wear and has the delicate feel of bone china but is made of glass or ceramic. The tea tastes delicious, 

especially  when it looks pink, like this raspberry tea here:


If you came to tea, I would use this plate, and so I wanted you to see how pretty it looks with the pink charger under it. These come from Michaels and are available in other colors. Charges are like placemats in that they can make the table setting look bright and warm.

Apple Blossom plates by Acropal, which has similar quality to Corelle or Corning. I have had these 30 years.

The charger, below, is like a placemat that sets the plate pattern off beautifully, and it is made of plastic.




The cup is Grace's China brand, not to be confused with Gracie China. They are very similar products.

As I leave this page today, here are some thoughts from Romans to the followers of Christ:

...Be tenderly affectioned one to another; in honor preferring one another;

Rom 12:11  in diligence not slothful; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;

Rom 12:12  rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing stedfastly in prayer;

Rom 12:13  communicating to the necessities of the saints; given to hospitality.


9 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for the visit (smiles!)
Mrs.O

Housewife59 said...

I do like the inviting chair with the cosy throw on it, and I love the pretty cup and saucer. It is so nice to see a real home, that is loved and lived in.

PS. It is still me (Lesley). I have changed my username.

ladypinktulip said...

I love the pink with black accents. Is the Raspberry Vanilla tea wonderful? It sounds delightful! Kelly T.

Christine said...

Simple elegance!

laura said...

I actually buy a lot of tea from places like Ross and T.J Maxx. They have tea, just in gift packaging, at a good price.

Anonymous said...

I can imagine sitting in the comfortable looking chair and having a cup of tea. Such a "peaceful" post. Thank you

Lynn said...

Your tea cups and saucers are just so lovely...and the plastic chargers are adorable!

Anonymous said...

This article is a wonderful contribution to Spring and like you, I can NOT wait! If you permit me to ask here, I am curious if you will take us outside on a journey into your garden? For some reason, I envision Peter Rabbit visiting you!

Thank you, Lydia for always inspiring great things and wonderful ideas for us ladies to follow. You are truly an inspiration as each season introduces itself fresh and new!

~LK

God's Grace Overflows said...

Love the tea cups and saucers! And that tea sounds lovely. I like that you can find teas at TJ Maxx and Ross. I've also purchased tea from Tuesday Morning. It's nice to buy teas at a reasonable price!

I hope you have a delightful week, Lydia!

Hugs, Amy