Thursday, April 20, 2017

Dear Victoria Magazine




Here is a letter I sent to Victoria Magazine:

Dear Victoria Magazine,

Because my first issue is time-worn, faded and torn, I have been searching for a better copy. To my dismay, a good copy is sold for $35.00 and the ones in perfect condition are much more.

Would your editors do us the great favor of reprinting the original and selling it at a normal price?

That will give people today some insight into the reason the publication was so well-liked by all generations, and inspire more!

I know you have already produced this on disc, but I want the paper copy. Would you consider doing it on better quality paper with more "tooth" in it?  Your readers will respond in greater numbers than you can predict.

5 comments:

Hannah said...

I don't believe I have this issue, but will check my copies. I have quite a few random old copies. Is there another issue you may want for your collection?

Sherri said...

I love my old Victoria magazines. I think the oldest I have dates back to June 1995.

Christine said...

❤️ THANK YOU!!!!❤️
I at wait to get my copy!

Lynn said...

Great Lydia.....great idea to write them and it is a great letter! Let us know if they respond...I still have mine...it is amazing the price the original gets....you and I have a treasure in owning these! I wonder how much our entire collection is worth now???!!!$$$$$$....

ladypinktulip said...

I love the Old Victoria Bliss Magazine. SO lovely. I think mine go back to late 1980's. I bought them in bulk on Ebay several years ago because I knew I would never get them anywhere else. Hoping they reprint some! Kelly T.