Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Coastal Scenes of the Pacific



I came home with these scenic  pictures,  and after enjoying a lovely picnic on the beach, realized I had forgotten to take a photos of the picnic, sand castle building, or  family members walking on the beach! I will have to make an urgent message to myself next time!  I was too absorbed in the experience. There have been so many times I have not taken pictures. I am seeing how fleeting these precious days are!

The Pacific was not so pacific yesterday and it was as they used to say in New Zealand, "a bit blow-ey".
We tried to have tea but the wind filled the cups with sand before we could pour it, so all we had was "sand tea."

We were trying to get away from the smoke from forest fires in our area. There was no smoke at the beach.

9 comments:

Jaclyn Juliette said...

What beautiful photos, Lydia! I wish one day my family and I could travel to the west coast to see that in person! As always, I love reading your blog. - Jackie from NYC

amulbunny's random thoughts said...

The coast in Oregon is so much wilder than the coast where I live. Here it's all built up off the sand with million dollar mansions in the beach cities.
I love the wildness of the waves.

Unknown said...

Just beautiful...
Mrs.O

Jenny said...

Your photos are beautiful, Lydia! I can just hear the waves crashing.

Mrs. French said...

We recently moved from Oregon to Michigan, and oh how I miss those views! We have salt free/shark free lakes here, but it's just not the same.

We are living in a house that an Alzheimer's patient had recently moved out of, and it's been my job to go through and clean out everything. I have found bags upon bags and boxes of absolute junk, but occasionally I will come across a lovely treasure. One such treasure was a basket full of beautiful English teacups. They were hidden away in the back of a cupboard. One of my first thoughts was "oh my, Mrs. Lydia would love this!" I washed them all and have displayed them in a china cabinet that was previously filled with the most hideous junk.

Enjoy your beautiful state, and I hope you get relief from the smoke soon!

Lynn said...

Your first shot is a beauty...a real winner!

anonymous said...

Those beautiful beach pictures makes me just want to run down there and start hunting for driftwood and shells. My mom and I used to do that on beaches when I was a kid.
So beautiful!
Janet

ladypinktulip said...

How beautiful....it looks like smoke has cleared the coast? Kelly T.

Mrs. White said...

The pictures are so pretty and peaceful. I hope you are doing well.