Thursday, July 23, 2026

Excessively Diverted

 


Hello Ladies,

My granddaughter, Miss Lillian (the young lady who wrote the book I posted about a short while ago) is getting married at the end of August, and so we are busy preparing. 

You might enjoy seeing the colors she is using in her wedding 


After Miss Lillian wrote her novel, The Lawman's Daughter, she was introduced to her future husband by his sister, an acquaintance of Miss Lillian, who also read her book, or so I am told. From there, things went quite rapidly to a proposal and both families are overjoyed. The future groom's parents, grandparents and siblings say Miss Lillian is the one they prayed for all these years and the family of the bride --siblings,  parents and grandparents, say the same. There's not a discordant note amongst us regarding this wonderful situation, but since she must live far away from Oregon in Missouri, guess who will cry the most! 

She is designing and sewing her wedding dress. Here is the under slip on the line . 

Here it is being styled and draped on the dress form. it looks like something fabulous from an artist, which she is. I have not seen the bridesmaids dresses yet but i'm sure they follow the same dress code on the invitation. 

Here is part of the details of the couple's invitation to the wedding:




14 comments:

  1. This is such exciting news! I’m so happy for you all! It must be a very busy time for you, but a very fun time I’m sure! May God bless your granddaughter and her soon to be husband as they start their new life together. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so overjoyed for Miss Lillian, and all of you! May God bless their marriage and their lives together! I hope you will continue to keep readers updated on the happenings of Miss (almost Mrs.!) Lillian. Miss Lillian has been a "role model from afar" of graceful girlhood and feminine dress for my young daughter. Also, I hope we will get to see a picture and details of her wedding dress. I can only imagine how pretty it will be, as I follow Miss Lillian's blog and I admire her sewing skills and the lovely clothing she creates.
    Blessings,
    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how exciting! Congratulations to all!!! I’ve recently finished her book and it was so well written.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I forgot to add, I absolutely love the color palette she chose! Very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many congratulations - and that is a very lovely colour palette!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! The colors are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you ladies. I will still cry the most!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to Lillian and the entire family!! How exciting!! Planning for weddings is bittersweet and such a joyous occasion for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, what happy news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for adding the wedding dress pictures! It is a beautiful dress, and it is so special that Miss Lillian is designing and sewing it herself. She is going to be the most lovely bride! I love how she specified on the invitation that it is a Christ-centered wedding, and that guests should dress modestly. This is so important. It keeps the focus on marriage as a Christ-centered union. One of my favorite posts of yours, Mrs. Sherman, was the one entitled: Modest Weddings--A Reminder. Anyway, I am so happy for you and your family. What a joyous time!
    In Christ,
    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  12. i'll try to add the link to that article soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, my, I am just seeing this now. Congratulations to Miss Lillian, but of course you must be feeling a bit tearful at the idea of her going so far away. If it were my beloved granddaughter, I would cry buckets.

    How wonderful that she is designing her own wedding dress--that is just what I would expect from her! And it looks just beautiful. What a talented young lady.

    ReplyDelete

Please be patient. Your comments will be held in moderation before they are approved.