It was soooo good to listen to you speak today on homemaker radio. I thank you for the wise words of wisdom and encouragement. I especially appreciated the biblical advice to not get offended in the first place. That was such a simple BUT powerful statement! And…the reminder to turn disappointments or discouragement into opportunities to be triumphant! Love it!! There was so much to glean from in today’s talk. I usually listen to new videos twice, but also enjoy going back into the archives to listen to older messages over and over again.🙂
Like you, my family members just left yesterday after being here for 6 weeks. I’m working now to get things back in order, but it will be a work in progress. After all, it did take 6 weeks to get this house in disarray! At least I was able to keep the kitchen functional and the trash emptied and the bathrooms cleaned. Other than that, the vacuuming, dusting and floor mopping didn’t happen. Listening to Homemaker radio while I work is far better than whistling as you work! Anyway, it won’t seem so daunting, for sure.
Thanks for the wedding update; I can’t wait to see what you wore to the wedding. The wedding photos were very beautiful . 💕
Dear Lydia Ruth, I just wanted to share with you, after enjoying many pleasant hours listening while pottering about, as you shared encouragement for living well at home, a small blessing that came my way. It has been on my heart, inspired by your encouragement, to dress in a more feminine manner. We are not at home, so only have a limited wardrobe with us this year as we live away for my husband's work. It was a blessing to find in a nearby small country town op shop (thrift shop in USA I believe), quite a few feminine dresses and skirts in pretty prints, breathable fabrics and colours that suit both my mid teen daughter and myself. God truly sees and He provides. Nothing is too hard for Him whether it is the timing (right when we were looking to make some changes) or the place (tiny town in western Queensland). He blesses our attempts to bring Him glory. We wore some of our lovely new-to-us clothing and enjoyed a little ladies tea party together. You are right, dressing up makes everything feel more special and gives us a feeling of dignity. The homemade little notebook I began last week with notes from your broadcasts is now full (I have been enjoying some things you posted in later 2024 - particularly the thoughts on don't sell the shop, don't spoil the sale and don't talk of the war, amongst other things). There is so much to think upon. I really like the encouragement and freedom you give us to learn new things, even if we missed out of them growing up. It's not too late to enjoy them even in middle age! I have taken on board home-school myself and this year have been learning new things - knitting, watercolour painting, sketching, reading some poetry and also reading and re-reading some good books and writing out the best quotes to ponder on them. Thank you for being the Titus 2 woman in both my daughter's and my life! And high praise from my girl who commented "at least half of the things you speak of are interesting" - smiles! God bless Xx.
Caroline, I like that you were so cheerful and generous about buying your daughter some nice things to wear. It builds a nice bond between you and makes her learn to enjoy life by the minute. I still take my daughter and granddaughter to shop for nice things at 2nds stores and discount places and thrift stores. Tea afterwards is brilliant. We must deliberately look for opportunities to be happy. It is good for your hard working husband to see the fruits of his labor and enjoy your delight and appreciation. i really must include more poetry in a future broadcast as I try to keep it interesting.
I was so excited for another broadcast, thank you! I very much enjoyed hearing how your granddaughter and her husband met. And I have immensely enjoyed all you have shared of the wedding preparations and pictures! It’s been so beautiful to see such a God-honoring courtship and wedding! 💗
This is such a good video ; I have listened twice and will listen again and take some notes. Lots of wisdom here plus I loved hearing more about the happy young newly weds. Please show us your " grandmother of the bride" dress. I know you looked beautiful .
Dear Lydia, Thank you for this broadcast, I got so much out of this I grabbed my little notebook I keep by my computer to write things down. Such as be edifying and build up others, to keep courage and fortitude in times of distress, and keeping up our home and ourselves in these times as well. I really benefited from the phrase *We can rebuild*. Yes! God allows us to got through events that can help us grow closer to Him, or that may bring a weakness of Character to light that He wants us to work on. I'm so sorry to hear your husband was unwell for so long. You are a strong and an amazing woman. I would love to hear your channel about being a preacher's wife. While my husband isn't a preacher, he is a Deacon and does periodically give sermons. My struggle is that so many parishioners look to me for things, and I am constantly referring them to my husband or our Pastor. As well as my husband needing to share confidential info just to walk through things himself and I can't share it with anyone. Can you do a lesson on ideas to let that go so it's not speaking to anyone else. I do enjoy when they want to share just updates of family things, or their garden etc. You are blessed to have a group of ladies you can text with. I think a channel would be lovely.
Mrs. Sherman, I am so glad to have this new video it is always so edifying and helpful! I rejoice with you all for Miss Lillian’s marriage and wedding, the photos were so precious and she is a beauty and the dress she made was beautiful! What a family you have. I wish we were all more like your family. Also, I am so sorry you and your husband went through such a difficult health problem but praise the Lord Jesus for healing him!! I am so thankful and pray you have many more years together. “She laughs at the time to come” Peoverbs 31. I think of this verse lately when I get anxious about my provision. We can laugh because we trust God. He will never forsake us. He will care for us no matter what. “How much more valuable are you than the sparrows?” - Jesus You have been a Titus 2 woman teaching me “what is good”. I am thankful for you. God bless you richly. - Marie
Holly, Thank you for visiting me here and for your lovely comments. I am planning to show what I wore to the wedding. The mothers abd grandmothers were wearing soft floral prints in the autumn color palette as so were most of the guests.
Dear Caroline, It's an honor that you read my blog and hear my videos whilst in Australia. Every moment of every day is precious and can become an important memory. It helps to share the things that make our lives at home worthwhile and happy. I always hope to be somewhat worthy of that responsibility, and i hope to get caught up on my home, to enable more videos.
I appreciate your long comment. It gives me possible future content for this blog and vlog. Sometimes people would want me to comment on my husbands illness and after watching a few other ladies videos about there experiences I decided to accept whatever God does, as I could not do anything about it, and it was something experienced by many other families.
Dear Marie, Your comment was very edifying and I hope you keep a blog or journal, because you ( and the others that comment here) write so well. It can be a great help to future ladies at home .
12 comments:
Dearest Lydia Ruth,
It was soooo good to listen to you speak today on homemaker radio. I thank you for the wise words of wisdom and encouragement. I especially appreciated the biblical advice to not get offended in the first place. That was such a simple BUT powerful statement! And…the reminder to turn disappointments or discouragement into opportunities to be triumphant! Love it!! There was so much to glean from in today’s talk. I usually listen to new videos twice, but also enjoy going back into the archives to listen to older messages over and over again.🙂
Like you, my family members just left yesterday after being here for 6 weeks. I’m working now to get things back in order, but it will be a work in progress. After all, it did take 6 weeks to get this house in disarray! At least I was able to keep the kitchen functional and the trash emptied and the bathrooms cleaned. Other than that, the vacuuming, dusting and floor mopping didn’t happen. Listening to Homemaker radio while I work is far better than whistling as you work! Anyway, it won’t seem so daunting, for sure.
Thanks for the wedding update; I can’t wait to see what you wore to the wedding. The wedding photos were very beautiful . 💕
Love & blessings,
Holly
Dear Lydia Ruth,
I just wanted to share with you, after enjoying many pleasant hours listening while pottering about, as you shared encouragement for living well at home, a small blessing that came my way. It has been on my heart, inspired by your encouragement, to dress in a more feminine manner. We are not at home, so only have a limited wardrobe with us this year as we live away for my husband's work. It was a blessing to find in a nearby small country town op shop (thrift shop in USA I believe), quite a few feminine dresses and skirts in pretty prints, breathable fabrics and colours that suit both my mid teen daughter and myself. God truly sees and He provides. Nothing is too hard for Him whether it is the timing (right when we were looking to make some changes) or the place (tiny town in western Queensland). He blesses our attempts to bring Him glory.
We wore some of our lovely new-to-us clothing and enjoyed a little ladies tea party together. You are right, dressing up makes everything feel more special and gives us a feeling of dignity. The homemade little notebook I began last week with notes from your broadcasts is now full (I have been enjoying some things you posted in later 2024 - particularly the thoughts on don't sell the shop, don't spoil the sale and don't talk of the war, amongst other things). There is so much to think upon. I really like the encouragement and freedom you give us to learn new things, even if we missed out of them growing up. It's not too late to enjoy them even in middle age! I have taken on board home-school myself and this year have been learning new things - knitting, watercolour painting, sketching, reading some poetry and also reading and re-reading some good books and writing out the best quotes to ponder on them.
Thank you for being the Titus 2 woman in both my daughter's and my life! And high praise from my girl who commented "at least half of the things you speak of are interesting" - smiles! God bless Xx.
Caroline, I like that you were so cheerful and generous about buying your daughter some nice things to wear. It builds a nice bond between you and makes her learn to enjoy life by the minute. I still take my daughter and granddaughter to shop for nice things at 2nds stores and discount places and thrift stores. Tea afterwards is brilliant. We must deliberately look for opportunities to be happy. It is good for your hard working husband to see the fruits of his labor and enjoy your delight and appreciation. i really must include more poetry in a future broadcast as I try to keep it interesting.
I was so excited for another broadcast, thank you! I very much enjoyed hearing how your granddaughter and her husband met. And I have immensely enjoyed all you have shared of the wedding preparations and pictures! It’s been so beautiful to see such a God-honoring courtship and wedding! 💗
This is such a good video ; I have listened twice and will listen again and take some notes. Lots of wisdom here plus I loved hearing more about the happy young newly weds. Please show us your " grandmother of the bride" dress. I know you looked beautiful .
Dear Lydia, Thank you for this broadcast, I got so much out of this I grabbed my little notebook I keep by my computer to write things down. Such as be edifying and build up others, to keep courage and fortitude in times of distress, and keeping up our home and ourselves in these times as well. I really benefited from the phrase *We can rebuild*. Yes! God allows us to got through events that can help us grow closer to Him, or that may bring a weakness of Character to light that He wants us to work on.
I'm so sorry to hear your husband was unwell for so long. You are a strong and an amazing woman. I would love to hear your channel about being a preacher's wife. While my husband isn't a preacher, he is a Deacon and does periodically give sermons.
My struggle is that so many parishioners look to me for things, and I am constantly referring them to my husband or our Pastor. As well as my husband needing to share confidential info just to walk through things himself and I can't share it with anyone. Can you do a lesson on ideas to let that go so it's not speaking to anyone else.
I do enjoy when they want to share just updates of family things, or their garden etc. You are blessed to have a group of ladies you can text with. I think a channel would be lovely.
Mrs. Sherman, I am so glad to have this new video it is always so edifying and helpful! I rejoice with you all for Miss Lillian’s marriage and wedding, the photos were so precious and she is a beauty and the dress she made was beautiful! What a family you have. I wish we were all more like your family. Also, I am so sorry you and your husband went through such a difficult health problem but praise the Lord Jesus for healing him!! I am so thankful and pray you have many more years together. “She laughs at the time to come” Peoverbs 31. I think of this verse lately when I get anxious about my provision. We can laugh because we trust God. He will never forsake us. He will care for us no matter what. “How much more valuable are you than the sparrows?” - Jesus
You have been a Titus 2 woman teaching me “what is good”. I am thankful for you. God bless you richly. - Marie
Holly, Thank you for visiting me here and for your lovely comments. I am planning to show what I wore to the wedding. The mothers abd grandmothers were wearing soft floral prints in the autumn color palette as so were most of the guests.
Dear Caroline, It's an honor that you read my blog and hear my videos whilst in Australia. Every moment of every day is precious and can become an important memory. It helps to share the things that make our lives at home worthwhile and happy. I always hope to be somewhat worthy of that responsibility, and i hope to get caught up on my home, to enable more videos.
Michele, Thank you for your visit. It does my heart good and gives me the extra incentive to keep broadcasting and publishing.
I appreciate your long comment. It gives me possible future content for this blog and vlog. Sometimes people would want me to comment on my husbands illness and after watching a few other ladies videos about there experiences I decided to accept whatever God does, as I could not do anything about it, and it was something experienced by many other families.
Dear Marie, Your comment was very edifying and I hope you keep a blog or journal, because you ( and the others that comment here) write so well. It can be a great help to future ladies at home .
Post a Comment