Saturday, June 30, 2007

About Lillian Elinor

Lillian Elinor, age 5 months, has already risen to great heights in her career. She has been declared the fashion editor of the world wide web! She is getting ready for a new photo-shoot next week.
The reason her mother does not have comments at The Pleasant Times regarding Miss Lillian, is that she just knows she will get 50 posts saying "She's so cute!" and Mrs. Humphrey does not think that is necessary.
Miss Lillian does not have her own room, and does not even have a doll of her own, yet. We are waiting to get ideas that are just right for her. Miss Lillians feet rarely touch a surface, as she is often being held. One day we were trying to get dinner ready, and one of us said, "Who will hold the baby? What shall we do with Miss Lilllian?" We needed all hands in the kitchen. Then a novel idea came to us: we could put her down. We could put her in her bassinett!" This was a novel experience to Miss Lillian, also, who does not like put-downs, and straightway attempted to get out and get into someone's arms again!

9 comments:

Mrs. Anna T said...

OK. I can't resist it. SHE'S SO CUTE!

:)

Lydia said...

This is sufficient. I don't want to wade through 50 of those comments either ;-)

Mrs.E said...

Ages ago when my son was that young I remember hauling the play pen into the kitchen and loading it with toys. He would spend no more than an hour there entertaining himself while I either tried to make dinner or do some cleaning up. After an hour he "demanded" out. I'm not too sure that a bassinett would have kept him "in" but the play pen worked pretty well since it was quite deep. I don't know what I would have done without that play pen although a bassinett is quite sweet and old fashioned that I'm sure it's hard to resist owning one.
~Adorable in her hat~

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy the posts regarding Miss Lillian, because I my own little daughter ("Miss Amy"!) will be 4 months old on July 9th, so it is good to see all the fashion tips. And I just laughed when I read "...we could put her down..."! because, most of the time, let's face it, why would we want to? I enjoy holding, hugging, and kissing my little angel very much, and people always say, "you're daughter seems very content and happy". I just smile and nod, because I know the reason why!

Unknown said...

I LOVE to see sweet looking baby girls in pretty hats and lace. It's always such a beautiful, and refreshing site to see. Unlike some little girls in tube tops and halter tops.
Little girls should dress like little girls, and let the big girls dress like big girls, just modestly.

Sherry said...

Mill Lillian is totally charming. I'm not surprised that she never gets set down.

Lydia said...

Mll. Lillian has a new line of fashions which we hope will be presented soon. We have not had access to the camera the last few days. We are hoping we can have it today and when we do, Mll. Lillian will be showing you her new line of fashions.

Lydia said...

The Pleasant Times is updated, and as soon as we get control of the family camera, Mll. Lillian will post her latest styles.

Lydia said...

Mrs. Humphrey is considering starting a Baby Blogspot where babies can talk. Maybe there will be a town mayor or a local sherrif in the baby blogs. Some babies look so wise in their babyhood. We had one that always reminded us of a dour judge!