Thursday, November 29, 2012

Enjoy a Cup of English Tea Link-up

If you have a blog and have a cup of English tea in the morning, Leslie  in England, a new blogger at Heart for Homemaking would love for you to join her.  Take a picture of your tea cup and put it on your blog. Then follow Leslie's link up instructions and we will all be able to see many teacups used by homemakers all over the blog world. I have added my link.


Housewife59 said...

Thank you so much Lydia. What a pretty tea cup and delicious-looking tea you have posted.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I read that, and that was great. Glad she clarified that the English do not use cream in their tea, only in their coffee (people probably get confused because the English love a "cream tea," which is a small meal of fruit scones with jam and whipped cream on top.

Anonymous said...

For lovely tea I highly recommend Republic of Tea, teas. Very tasty

Housewife59 said...

Anonymous is quite right. A 'cream tea' means an afternoon treat of scones, thick clotted cream (Not usually whipped though, just so thick that it stays nicely on the scone) and jam, enjoyed alongside a nice pot of tea. Pretty little West-country areas of England, do a roaring trade in Afternoon Cream Teas for holiday-makers. Here is a link about clotted cream

And a picture of a typical cream tea

lynn maust said... glorious is your new header!