Saturday, April 08, 2023

Homey Things

Good Day Wonderful Ladies at home and those who are planning to be.

 Perhaps one or two of you remember back-in-the-day when the pattern companies printed instructions for creating beauty in rooms. 

I loved this one, from the 1970’s, but while the patterns were inspiring, I was in a place where the materials and furnishings , or the finances, were not available . Maybe I will get into my fabric stash and give it a try. 

I hope you are doing well in your present circumstances and have great plans for improvement. I also hope to have a broadcast for you very soon.

In the meantime, a few notes of events around The Manse. In the photo above, is our very own reflection,  not quite the stunning beauty of Pemberly, but we don’t have as big a lake to work with. 



A little elegant sipping in a rustic scene.

No doubt doubt you have seen this view from the window many times. To my delight, Miss Lillian sent a water-color expression of her love for that picture from early childhood, in which she looks forward to strolling  about every  summer. Yes, that was a long sentence.

The Lord willing, and the Creek don’t rise, I’ll be talking to you soon. 

Miss Lillian has a new post and her link is across from this missive on my sidebar- a sewing blog. She soooo appreciates your visits.

Thank you for your graciousness to me and mine and the little Manse. As Georgiana would  say in P&P, “I don’t deserve it.”

 

No comments: