Thursday, July 18, 2024

For Listening While You Work


I hope you enjoy today's broadcast, on a variety of subjects.

I mentioned the beautiful textiles and clothing styles of the people of Bhutan.
Here is where I read aloud about the wonderful fabrics that are woven in homes and businesses in that country:

Many photos of the vibrant colors and textures are available online.

The national clothing has beautifully cuffed sleeves, as you see on The Queen of Bhutan. These cuffs are also on the children's clothing.


I like the color combinations.



People in Bhutan wear the national style and support their unique historical textile industry. 


See more of the color combinations of her costumes here


The  Folkwear sewing pattern , #111 Nepali blouse,  is like the ones worn in Bhutan. It’s possible the collar is made of a different color fabric and the cuffs are added. 




What I wore today: Dress from a 1980’s  Laura Ashley pattern , collar scar from tracing an old worn scarf. 


Cotton dress :vintage McCalls Laura Ashley 8432 (1983) 


Today's tisane






Today's blue light and sunrise


I hope you enjoy today's message. Your comments give me good subject matter for these talks.

6 comments:

Marianne said...

Another wonderful video,Lydia. Thank you for taking the time to come talk to us!
Is there a pattern for that beautiful scarf? I always need something around my neck in cooler weather and yours is so soft and feminine.

Lydia said...

I traced it from a worn out scarf bought in the 1980’s. I can send you a pattern .

Marie said...

What a nice study on the fashion of Bhutan. Your dress patterns are so beautiful you have the prettiest collection! I love that you wear the color pink so much. Have you ever noticed that modern women tend to avoid this feminine color? Especially older women. It seems as though older women in particular feel less feminine and therefore style themselves more androgynous. I am trying to incorporate more pink into my wardrobe by sewing my own clothes. I hope to have feminine style in my older years and I always notice this about your style. You have maintained a sense of femininity. Thank you for the many insights in this video.

Lydia said...

There has been an aversion to the colors that make women most delicate and womanly. There is so much pink in the world: florals, skies, sea shells and more.

R's Rue said...

I loved today’s message. I learned something today. And it was a joy to to learn. Thank you so much for sharing.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Rachel old living said...

I am working on focusing more at the home and raising my toddler. It can be hard with all the outside pressures to work at the moment.