Sunday, September 15, 2024

Homemaker’s Personal Response to World and Personal Crisis (Video)



Hello Dear Ladies,

Look at that sky. I have a game I play called "If the world is so bad" and here is today's question: Why is that sky there so blue with all the pretty clouds. Why does the air smell so sweet out here today?
I am trying to show that there is something of the opposite always going on that is good.

In the video I shared the calendar you can get on Amazon of some of the paintings of Edmund Blair Leighton.

This is my outfit today. I didn’t have time to display it on the dress form.

In the video I mentioned two songs, for which I leave links here so you can listen. They start out with the national language and then sing the last verse in English.

Here is the rugby team from the Fiji islands singing "We Have Overcome" after they win a match. They give all the glory to God. 

The words are:  
We have overcome, by the blood of the lamb, and the Word of the Lord.

Here is the New Zealand rugby team singing "Sweep Over My Soul"

 The words are:
My rest is complete, 
And I sit at Jesus Feet,
Sweet Spirit sweep over my soul.

Sing more, ladies, especially during trials, and sing loud.

Here is the pretty older lady I spoke of who was demonstrating inexpensive makeup. At the end she encourages women to look after themselves so that they will be more able to be kind and look after others. 


I'm honored you come here to listen to the broadcast and I hope it edifies you.
Today I talked about learning to respond to crisis both in the world and in the home. 
Please enjoy your home while you listen:

3 comments:

Toirdhealbheach Beucail said...

Thank you for being a constant beacon of hope and grace in a world gone mad.

Dianne said...

You look like a very young woman in that photo, Lydia! Like 30! :) I appreciate every one of your talks!

Old fashioned Rose said...

Hello dear Lydia. I wanted to let you know, several years ago, you were the one who taught me to read beyond Phil. 4:8
So I thank you. God bless.💐