Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Influence, Literature, Daily Living (Video)

Hello Ladies,

I hope in whatever situation you are in, you are, as Elizabeth said in Pride and Prejudice, "enduring it as best we can" and looking for ways to do well at home.


I sat outside to talk to you and may try it again with a future post.

 
The ground has been ploughed and I'm liking the look of it.


Today I talked about living daily at home and the principle of being quiet and busy at home.

Sweet Solitude by Edmund Blair Leighton

I hope you enjoy the broadcast and get a lot of things done while listening:

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Lydia,
I listened while I was in the kitchen preparing pesto from the basil I picked this morning.
I could comment on so much of what you spoke of and I would just nod my head in agreement as I listened. As Emily Dickinson said, "Pardon my sanity in a world insane".
To the matter of dress, we do need to continue to make points to believers concerning modest dress (as well as modest behavior and modest speech). It is a matter of the heart ultimately, but just like everything godly, pure and lovely...some have never been taught and can not clearly discern. And you touched on the idea too which I am very much on alert to these days...feminine dress!
Unisex dressing is rampant in our culture.
Thank you for being here.

Lydia said...

This is very well stated. I’ll add that not all dresses and skirts are modest. Just because someone claims dresses only doesn’t mean anything. One had to look at the length and the way it drapes, etc.