Thursday, August 27, 2026

Almost Back

 

Hello you dear, patient people!! In two days we will attend the first wedding of our next generation-- our "down line" as we fondly call them .

 It is all God's gracious doing, of course, and not our own, but want to share with my faithful 20+ year readers and listeners a few things about us, in my little weekly handwritten newsletter, below. 


I write this by hand, hurriedly, and so it's not my best, each week for the ladies class, and thought maybe you'll like me to start sharing it with here. I do have paper copies  available but am sure no one needs more paper. 


This newsletter is a simple fold over bulletin and similar to my homeschooling, when I occasionally would write a paper  for my children to pique their interest in life. 

Above is a letter from Miss Lillian, whose wedding we will attend. As I noted, try not to cry. 


I have been doing the capital letter Spencerian style alphabet for the ladies to take home with them and will eventually put previous bulletins here for you to see.

Because we have had such busy days around here with so many family in and out and around us, it was impossible to get away to a quiet enough place to talk on video. When I do a video I'll tell you all about what had transpired here in the last 3 months. 

My daughter and granddaughter working on the going-away dress. 



Miss Lillian and her Mother Lily Beth having a fitting 😊


Almost finished

I'm stitching my dress today. 

I'll try to take more pictures of the mess around here before getting 
the house back in order, just to show you the myriad of activities. 

Daughter  Lily Beth and granddaughter Lillian at a church bridal shower. 

If you've been praying for me, thank you. 

I keep using this picture but of course I am much older now.
 Remember that quote from Wives and Daughters? "Come now, Mr. Gibson. If you were much older, then so was I."

If I can get my dress finished today I'll post a video for you. 

                                            Lydia Ruth 



The future Mr. & Mrs. T-Roy Hass at dinner a few days ago. 


1 comment:

TiffanyK said...

What a beautiful picture of generational love—the joy of seeing the values, traditions, and tenderness of home carried lovingly from one generation to the next. There is something so special about a mother and daughter preparing together for such a meaningful occasion, and the beauty and modesty of the dresses make it all the more lovely. It feels timeless, feminine, and full of joy.

I also have to say how beautiful your handwritten notes are. There is such warmth and thoughtfulness in something written by hand; they feel like little keepsakes in themselves. What a precious season for your family.

“One generation shall praise thy works to another, and shall declare thy mighty acts.” — Psalm 145:4 (KJV)

This verse seems especially fitting—a beautiful reminder of the blessing of one generation pouring love, wisdom, faith, and goodness into the next. May Lillian’s wedding day be filled with love and joy, and may these precious family memories be treasured for generations to come. ❤️