Saturday, January 26, 2013

Cinnamon-Apple Spice Tea

Winter Sunset by Raos Dubravko



Today I served a tasty and wonderfully fragrant herbal tea called Cinnamon Apple Spice. There are many different companies and brands of this herbal tea, but you could also make something like it  by heating apple juice with water and spices of your choice. Bengal Spice has a similar taste, and it is also herbal. This kind of herbal tea tastes good and has the added delight of making the house smell good.

These apples are from the harvest and are called "keepers" because they keep well throughout the winter if they are stored in a cool place.

With this delicious hot tea we had carrot and cauliflower sandwiches with lettuce on thinly sliced home made bread. To make the filling, mix chopped cauliflower with grated carrots and your choice of dressing: plain yogurt, sour cream, mayonnaise, etc. Thin slices of white cheddar cheese  and apples are a tasty combination.

This is an interesting cup with a beautiful lid to keep the tea hot. First Corinthians 13:13 is written on one side. The cottage teapot in the back ground makes everything feel like home sweet home around here.

We sat on the old couch and looked through the January issues of Victoria magazine (1987-1996). Each month when I get all the older issues out, it is like getting 10 new books in the mail.



Sipping tea and viewing the ice on the flower bed from the window.




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is off topic but I wanted to tell about re-chargable tea lights! I ordered mine from Amazon and they work wonderfully - nice and bright and flicker.

Jeanine (Wayfaring Girl) said...

Hello there, I followed over from Kellie's blog party. I adore tea and celestial seasonings teas are my favorites, particularly the cinnamon apple. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy :) Those tea sandwiches look divine! What a brilliant combo of ingredients I will have to be daring and try. Maybe you already do, but if not you should host your own tea parties--I would so be there! haha :)
Lovely blog!
Jeanine

Anonymous said...

Oh how really lovely....wanna make those sandwiches too! Gonna go buy the tea and the veggies and duplicate your wonderful tea time....also have my Victoria mags for Jan.almost looked thru...have about 3 more to go. Aren't these the happy parts of
of life and being at home??!!
Lynn m

Anonymous said...

Your sandwich plate looks so delicious! And how fun to go through back issues of your favorite magazine...I love doing that with some of the magazines that I've saved. Somehow the best of the ideas the editors decided to publish don't seem stale at all, but fresh & interesting all over again! :o)

Here's hoping you had a wonderful, restful weekend, Lady Lydia.

Brenda

Lydia said...

Several readers have emailed me to say that the shredded carrot and cauli mixture is delicious in the tea sandwiches. With the bread buttered, it does not make the sandwich soggy.

Also thanks to one commenter for the information about the rechargeable led lights. I will be looking for them.

Anonymous said...

Hello, Lady Lydia, here is the link to the tea lights.
http://www.amazon.com/Rechargeable-Flameless-Votives-Lilys-Home/dp/B005F5IO4Y/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1359372773&sr=8-2&keywords=rechargeable+tea+lights
Thank you for such a lovely blog - it is such a bright spot in my day, Dee

Mama Said No said...

Oh dear--now I am starving! I too love Celstial Seasonings, and I'm looking forward to using the coupons Irecently found in our paper for a dollar off each box. Well, now I am off to bake some goodies!

Anonymous said...

Great idea. I just tried it!