Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Water



Good Day, Ladies,

People who get dehydrated do not always feel thirsty, and that is why you cannot let feelings of thirst determine your water consumption.  You can get dehydrated even in winter, not just during a heat wave.

Now there are these nifty containers to hold fruit to give water a bit of flavor and keep your interest in drinking it. Besides, it is very pretty. I attended an event at a church the other day which provided a buffet lunch and there was a table for beverages which had many containers with these cylinders inside of them filled with fruit, even watermelon.
If you think you are gaining weight, drink more water.  A doctor recently told us that being bloated isn't always a problem with weight gain, but is a sign of dehydration!  So, the more water you drink, the flatter your tummy may get.  The fruit in the water can also add some nutrients. If this is not enough flavor for you simply add a few tablespoons of fruit juice in your glass of water.


For myself, I found a glass of water with ice and fruit and a straw works best. I carry it around the house and outside and in the car, but of course that means I can misplace it and have to get another one. Days later I might find one parked up on top a book shelf or sitting on a post outside by the clothesline.

Headaches can also be a sign of dehydration, although not always.  

Sometimes  I like to pour hot water over berries in a teacup, let it cool a little and then sit and rest for a tea break.

It is important to remind yourself to look after your body and mind with water and rest, because no one will regulate you at home, except yourself alone.

8 comments:

anonymous said...

I have enjoyed drinking your berry tea over ice in this heat wave. Using a straw keeps the berry juice away from my teeth as its very cold and my teeth are sensitive.

I also like cucumber or lemon in my water. Have found several herbal teas make a refreshing drink over ice as well. My current favorite is ginger tea with a hint of lemon. It has a wonderful 7-up flavor.
Thank you for posting about the importance of drinking plenty of water.

Janet.

Unknown said...

I recently tried a new water drink. You slice two cored apples thinly into the bottom of an iced tea pitcher. Add two cinnamon sticks, a layer of ice then fill with water and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes. I left mine overnight and the ice cubes were still visible, the water was slightly yellow and it was absolutely delicious!

I also enjoy a whole lemon, washed, with ends removed, in a full iced tea pitcher of water.

I am looking forward to trying the ginger tea that another reader posted.

Have a lovely day!

Unknown said...

I recently tried a new water drink. You slice two cored apples thinly into the bottom of an iced tea pitcher. Add two cinnamon sticks, a layer of ice then fill with water and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes. I left mine overnight and the ice cubes were still visible, the water was slightly yellow and it was absolutely delicious!

I also enjoy a whole lemon, washed, with ends removed, in a full iced tea pitcher of water.

I am looking forward to trying the ginger tea that another reader posted.

Have a lovely day!

lauraelizabeth4@outlook.com said...

You are so right about making things pretty. I am more inclined to eat/drink/do when it is pretty. I should get something nice for the laundry and dishes. Those are my daughters chores and they have been complaining a bit. Maybe something extra pretty to make the chore more pleasant will curb the complaining. I always enjoy my visits here,

Laura

Dawn said...

Those pitchers of fruity water sure look appealing!

Unfortunately this summer I've been over indulging in soda. These waters look like a good step to getting back to drinking water.

Lisa said...

The idea that feeling bloated can be a sign of dehydration is news to me! Thanks for sharing that. I've noticed in cooler months that sometimes when I've not had enough water I feel cold, and when I drink, I warm up a little.

Nicola said...

I rarely used to drink water, (in fact my cat drank more then I did!) Then my friend gave me two mason jar style plastic beakers with straws.

Now I drink a lot more. I buy loose frozen fruit, and bring it out as and when I need it. I put a little in the bottom of the beaker, and cover it with boiling water. Then after a few minutes, I top it up with cold tap water. My favourite is melon, grape, peach and strawberry I add some pineapple, it is an amazing combination.

Lynn said...

I really appreciate these other comments and have learned some new tricks as a result of reading their ideas on water and how to make new 'mixes' of water. Also the losing tummy buldge by drinking water...