Wednesday, March 02, 2022

At Home During Stressful Times (4)

Hello Everyone,
At the request of some of my readers and listeners, I have created some videos dealing with the problem of sudden stress in the family.  While I cannot know personally about every person's family situation, I tried to cover some of the basic things. I learned a lot from Barbara Johnson's book, "Stick a Geranium in Your Hat and Be Happy," and other things from long conversations with a friend who went through some unbelievable upheaval in her life.

In this episode of Homemaking Radio (broadcasts designed to listen while you work or walk) I shared the common practice of a care package for someone in distress, or for yourself,  and suggested using interesting containers. 



Today  I listed a number of things that might be done which will be time well spent while you worry about the whole wide world ;-)

Please enjoy your walking or your working at home while you listen to Homemaking Radio today:




Because I might not get around to sending all these links on emails, I am posting them here for those who are interested.  

Whether you believe any of it, its important as homeschoolers to know what the other views of something are.

I am sure everyone knows how to paste the links into the browser. 

Here are some political links that give another side to the media spin on everything. Also, reading the comments beneath the videos are extremely helpful and can give you some essential laughter.

These people are not all of the faith, so don't expect perfect grammar ;-) and always listen for yourself first. Not all these reporters are of the Faith, but keep in mind that even less are the mainstream media reporters. 

A young man that studied himself out of the media narratives and has seen what is really going on 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKetfPkhLew 
or
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKetfPkhLew&t=179s 

This is a broadcast only, so you can do something in your house or walk, for half an hour:
You can subscribe to this report and have it in your email for a daily broadcast: 
https://rumble.com/c/X22Report   

Here is one that compares what the mainstream media compared to other sources:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBcexIa0DTw 

I wonder what this stage makeup is for:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbxDM8iGLGc

This Canadian Girl posts some very interesting shorts that make you see what's  what, and be sure to read the comments.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoa2qcw5o6pxgOm0LZXzz5A/community?lb=UgkxQEO8FmkRppJQp1vRdPI8H2Wjix0ioGtC

This one is quite funny, but the comments are even more comedic. It illustrates what I said a few broadcasts ago about the way people don't answer a question anymore, and no one says yay or nay. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BywXmxHdTBc&t=4s 


This is one to read: http://mileswmathis.com/minime2.pdf 

Again, keep in mind that these reporters are not all of The Faith, and will have some objectionable remarks, but the major news media is worse as far as their lying and their connections with the same money that supports the compromised politicians — on both sides of the aisle.


  



12 comments:

Mrs Bain said...

My husband gave me Barbara Johnson's book during my time of struggle. I felt as though I had a sympathetic ear; someone who understood how I was feeling. It also gave me hope as I recalled her words and her many quotes throughout the book when I again faced a difficult time a few years later.

This series of talks has been very helpful and encouraging. Thank you for doing them.

Mama to 12, so far said...

I have enjoyed the common sense help and encouragement in these posts of late. Thank you for sharing.

Lydia said...

Thanks for taking time to comment. I know how busy you all are. And please send me more suggestions for content ( subject matter) on videos or posts. I might do one more segment on stress.

Lydia said...

I do get a lot done listening to your talks. Dishes, folding laundry, sweeping the floors and yes, walking about my house! I glean many nuggets of wisdom and feel nurtured by your gentle education. Thank you,
Rebecca

Larry & Amanda said...

Very much enjoying this series of talks. As you mentioned, I know what we're being told by the media is not the truth. If you could share sources that you use for finding out what's really going on? Although, I truly don't want to "dwell" on it, because I know the ONE who does know what's going on and nothing is taking him by surprise!

Laura Jeanne said...

I have really found this last series of videos helpful, Lydia, and comforting during a time when I myself have been feeling quite stressed. You seem to have a knack for knowing just what kind of information would be most helpful to your viewers. I'm not sure what I could suggest for further talks, as you have done such a great job of covering so many helpful topics already. I always especially like your talks about health related topics as that's of concern to me. I also love when you simply read to us from a good, wholesome book, like Anne of Green Gables. The Anne treasury is lovely as well. I really enjoyed it when you read to us a good portion of Up From Slavery as well. Biographies can be so fascinating. Perhaps, if you need an idea for future videos, you could simply read to us from a book (or short story) you found inspiring, educational, or enjoyable.

Lydia said...

I’m getting a few requests for links about the political situation so I may add them to the end of this post.

Lydia said...

Good ideas. I can manage these easily.

Lydia said...

I’ve posted some links. And here’s an interesting picture, but even more, comments and replies https://www.youtube.com/c/CanadianGirlwildlifevideos/community

living from glory to glory said...

Hi Lydia, you always inspire us! I was just thinking that these last few posts are a series maybe you could do a recap and put them all together on one post! Life sure had been crazy, so glad we can pray and stay in our wonderful homes! The world seems better the less I know some days! You look beautiful in your video ❤️

Homemaker's Heart said...

Hello Lydia, I listened today as I was preparing our lunch. I realized you inspire me and encourage me in the midst of my day. No matter what I am doing, turning on my favorite radio show for Homemaker's Radio, is my encouragement.

Today I am grateful for your example to stand tall in moments of stress. And creative ways I can think of others and send a care package to them in times of stress.

I used to send a "I'm thinking of you" box to each of our kids and I had a theme with it. For example: we have a relative that was living in FL and he was just out of the military. So I created the theme of "No matter where you are in the world, you are loved." And I used an old map to line the inside of the box and filled it with random little things I had picked up at the dollar store or yard sales that were from other countries or states. Then I always included a treat of some sort. It was like sending a hug.

I never knew if they liked it, they just thank me for it. (I think they wonder if aging is making me goofy :-)
Anyways, I love the idea of stress care packages. Even if it's in an envelope with a small handmade card and a tea bag.
May God bless you for all you do for us. ~Dee

Ashley said...

Thank you for always being there with your encouraging talks of wisdom dear Lydia, it warms my heart to know there are so many more women with a heart for homemaking out there. I always listen to you in the background when I start my chores.

Also the loveliness of your beautiful blog pictures in the sweet shabby chic style comfort me. I no longer watch news either as all the chaos and war happening around the world just made me so sad, everything seemed cold and pointless. Then you cheer us up with an uplifting spirit to keep guarding our home and just focus on that only; to make it a place of beauty and comfort. Thank you dear lady Lydia, to cheer us on and always being there. love from the Netherlands.