Monday, February 28, 2022

Home Life During Upheaval (3)

Hello Everyone,
At the request of some of my readers and listeners, I have created some videos dealing with the problem of sudden stress in the family.  While I cannot know personally about every person's family situation, I tried to cover some of the basic things. I learned a lot from Barbara Johnson's book, "Stick a Geranium in Your Hat and Be Happy," and other things from long conversations with a friend who went through some unbelievable upheaval in her life.

This is a continuation of my discussion about home and family crisis. Today I said it was important to write down everything on your calendar so that you don't miss important family events. Sometimes a shock can cause you to be so stunned that you forget about the other things that need attention.


I was able to see a reflection of my "Pemberly" in the puddle today, which makes me feel so special, even though its just The Manse.

I read the introduction to Tea With Jane Austen by Pen Vogler.


To end on comforting note, I also read part of the introduction to Wives and Daughters (Elizabeth Gaskell) by a publisher.

I wanted you to see this video about the importance of relieving stress. He tells the harm it can do your body and how to treat it. You can order Lemon Balm tea online. The video will only take 5 minutes of your valuable time.

This might benefit you today so I hope you will try to go about your routine while you listen. Even if you have never had any serious upheaval in your family, these problems are well known in the Bible (which I bring out) and throughout history.

       

4 comments:

gracielynn's said...

Thank you so much.

I clicked the link on the youtube video & it took me to MY page. LOL
I tried a couple times, finally had to click around the main page & find your's..
not sure why that happened, but just letting you know.

Lydia said...

I will have a look soon and see what the problem is. Thanks for letting me know.

Rose said...

Hello Lady Lydia,

Thank you so, so much for your blog and videos, they truly help keep me grounded and encouraged.

When I first heard you mention “creepy house “ feeling my eyes popped opened. I didn't know that there was a term for what I had been feeling in almost every house I lived in, haha! When ever I needed to move, I became very careful about the house I was going to live in; it had to be new (well, I tried to make it new. haha), because I was afraid of the way the previous owners lived in it. Even though my current house is new (lived here 16 yrs) I pray for God to put a hedge of protection around it and not to allow any ghosts in. But, now I am understanding that the creepy house feeling can be from different things that are normal like: the evening hours approaching and making the house look dark, the melatonin in me making my energy slow down in the evening, the news in my head, the way the day went, etc. Mostly around 7pm is when it hits me. Well, no matter what is causing it I try to ignore it and pray for God's peace and comfort to relax and enjoy my evenings.

Wow! I can't believe all the comfort and understanding I gain from listening to you! You are a treasure!

As I listen to you, I iron, straighten the kitchen, fold clothes and mended some things.

Take care,
Rose

PS: I listen to you mostly in the evenings! :)

Unknown said...

Dear Lydia

Thank you for these latest videos about trauma. You really gave me (us women) a lot of comforting inspiration and healing words... I know I will listen more than once; so much wisdom to discover and...very very very needed in these strange times... The war in Europe is now a new trauma to deal with here in Belgium...Ukraine people need your prayers (and peace...) right now. Hoping this war is going to end very soon (every war).

Thank you so much for all the work you put in this beautiful channel and blog. Take care and you are in my prayers, every night.

Maggie