Sunday, January 08, 2023

A Pastime

Greeting!

A pastime is an interest or something a person does for enjoyment, in the way of activities, creativity, or relaxation.


I have been quietly taking a sip of tea in unusual places where I cannot be detected.

So far, it has simply been in unusual locations around The Manse out here in the farmlands, but I am formulating some other ways to use this pastime and developing some new pastimes.  

Sometimes I’m not ready to face the cold wind and rain and I do not get past the front step of The Manse.

It looks grim out there, but I like the contrast of the fancy, refined cup against the gloomy background.


I hope to get a broadcast for you soon. I have to get very creative in finding a place to do this, because once again the descendants have descended on me, to replace another cheap fragile, much patched and mended 60 year old window in the Manse.  I have noticed such a healthy difference in the house from the new windows. I’m not coughing at night or having dreams about sleeping under a tree 😌. 

Last week I had a Thrive Class for one of my grown children, and this is what we did:

We ate breakfast 
A pencil sketch of a cat. 
We read aloud portions of Old World History and Geography, noting how both subjects are connected, and then we criticized the education systems that separate life into subjects rather than showing how subjects are knit together. 😊
We sang “O Sacred Head” and commented on the tune attributed to Bach.
Stretch exercise to strengthen and prevent injuries.
We had a cooking lesson made crackers 

3 comments:

Homemaker's Heart said...

That sounds like you had a delightful time. I enjoy reading your blog posts as well as the radio show.

Faith said...

I have found you on you tube & are following you as well there. I enjoy that I can listen while I move about smartly or more my hook without having to watch. Thank you.

Laura Jeanne said...

Your Thrive class sounds enchanting! If my mother wanted to learn together with me in that way, I would be one happy camper indeed. What fun times you must have together, Lydia.