Tuesday, October 31, 2023

For Listening While You Do Something Else


Hello Ladies,

I appreciate your visit more than you know.

Today I began by encouraging ladies at home to give yourself a big lift by taking care of yourself as soon as you are able, and try to give yourself a good start with a good appearance. 

I referred to Anna Bey who speaks about the sloppy dress trends.

We ladies at home have our own style that works for us at home, and we are not subject to any trends. However, the "cottage core" style, which is timeless, is trendy now.



I added interesting sleeves to the simple dress pattern I usually sew.


I had been wanting to see how this sleeve  from this pattern was constructed:

I found it challenging and I am enjoying the results. 


With apron— for staying in…

with cloak…for going out

I sewed this many years ago for the “fog fashions” posts. To find them go to the search area on top left and write “ fog fashions”.

We have a stack of spruce wood outside and the scent is very nice. 


I ordered a set of Jane Austen books from Regency Marketplace via Amazon. I like the soft covers with the leather-like texture and each volume was a little under $7.00.



This book was from the dollar store many years ago and there was no date on it, so I know not if it is available today.  You  might do a search for it and order it. It has tea stories, recipes, facts, quotes, history and other tidbits.

The Clever Factory
P.O. Box 150722
Nashville, Tennessee 37215



I read from a church bulletin:

Phones and Bibles:

What if....
we carried it in our pockets or purses,
we turned back to go get it if we forgot it,
we flipped through it several times a day,
we used it to receive messages from the text,
we treated it like we couldn't live without it,
we gave it to our children as gifts,
we used it as we traveled,
we used it in case of an emergency.

Unlike our phones, we don't ever have to worry about our Blbles being disconnected, because Jesus already paid the bill!!

I also read two poems by Edgar Guest:

Education
My Goals 

(You can do a search for these online).

Please enjoy your time at home while you listen today:


Lydia Ruth


Front of the flexicover book I received. 


Also, Bibles from World Bible School have the soft flexibinding that has the texture of leather . 


8 comments:

Kelli said...

So happy to see a new video! You look absolutely lovely in your new dress ♥️

Lydia said...

I appreciate your gracious visits and comments.

Mrs Bain said...

Such a lovely shade of blue is your dress. I enjoy your programme as I did some bathroom cleaning. Praying the cough goes sooner than later. Happy autumn 🍂.

Christal said...

You looked so stunning today in this video, absolutely beautiful. That dress is so lovely it looks Victorian with those beautiful sleeves. I've been wanting a nice set of Jane Austen books, I ordered a pastel set that are clothbound.

Janine said...

Wow, that was really interesting and helpful from beginning to end! I love the dress, esp the color. Those Jane Austen books look so pretty! My DH gave me all the movies one Christmas, but I've only read P&P. I think I should put them on my wishlist. My neighbor Ada always carried a little Bible in her purse. When I was little I had a red purse and always had my small NT in it. Thanks for keeping me company while I worked in my kitchen!

Marianne said...

What an interesting and all around great video! Thank you, Lady Lydia...I am 74 years vital and when you start the "remember when" stuff, I am right there with you. Your dress with those very special sleeves is quite pretty and oh so feminine.

I am definitely a book and reading fanatic so the Jane Austen set is tempting. Maybe Christmas?

Laura Jeanne said...

Thank you for this video, Lydia. Your new set of Jane Austen books is so pretty and colorful--I'm sure it will look lovely sitting on a shelf (not that you won't read them too!). Thank you also for the Anna Bey video--it was interesting. I agree with her that allowing yourself to look sloppy all the time is not good for one's mental health.

Joyful noise said...

Dear Lydia, thank you so much for another beautiful podcast, always filled with wisdom and encouragement. God bless you and this precious community!