Tuesday, October 17, 2023

The Last Few Weeks

Sunrise

Dear Ladies,
The last few weeks were very full and busy at The Manse.
Besides that,  I have been trying to get rid of a little cough which only occurs when talking. I know what you’re thinking!! So that means I’ve not been able to bring you any verbal encouragement via video yet. 


Other than that pesky little problem, I’ve still been stealth sipping and doing some organizing and decluttering. 
  
While you are waiting for my next broadcast I hope you will pull yourself up from any discouragement and lethargy by attempting some one minute things :

-Enjoy the sunrise if you are able, while sipping from a favorite cup.
-Take care of your appearance.
-write a list of 3 things that are the most important to do today and three things you would like to do if you could. 
-Pray that you may do all, and pray for your family members. 
-Read one verse ( aloud, carefully and and mindfully), from “The Good Book”.
-Find an illustrated morning stretch exercise or video and yet do one minute of the routine. While doing these exercises you might think on the wisdom you read from the scriptures. 

You might be able to combine these things by doing several at the same time.

You can create your own routine based on your personal responsibilities and health requirements. One-minute “events “ are as beneficial to life , or maybe more, as as one great experience. Enjoy each small thing at home by journaling in your gratitude notebook. 

To avoid absorbing the tension of this world, look at most what goes on in Washington DC as a clown show. Nothing they do there will help us get our personal lives at home in order. 

Lydia Ruth 




 



 

12 comments:

Mrs. Bill said...

Hello! It was so good to hear your "voice" again as I read your post. Thank you for the reminder of the "one minute things" and about viewing what goes on in Washington as a distracting clown show. It is so easy to get caught up in things that have little to do with my daily life. Truly, I have only enough strength and energy to get through my daily tasks and can't waste it on anything else.
I hope you are able to overcome that cough soon. I, for one, am missing you!

Lydia said...

It’s too bad there’s always so much news about what Congress is doing and yet they do nothing for us. State governments are no better. People still can’t afford to have land, houses, businesses, needed equipment or house improvements. Often our own towns are in disrepair. Taxes get higher. Government so inept and useless to us. They are only harmless when not in session or not spending money on war. We can do better at home.

Nadege said...

THANK YOU for this!!

“To avoid absorbing the tension of this world, look at most what goes on in Washington DC as a clown show. Nothing they do there will help us get our personal lives at home in order.”

Our harsh reality - soaking in the clown shown negativity will not help us get ourselves and home in order. As a matter of fact, it may very well PREVENT us from all constructive routines by causing anxiety and depression in us.

Would love to hear how you consume or not the world’s news. I cut the news stations out of my life but somehow still get the gruesome and heart-thumping happenings.

Miss Humphrey said...

Today's teacup caught my eye! It is so beautiful.

Lynnette said...

I've stopped watching and listening to almost everything about the clown show, and have replaced it with something much more uplifting and valuable-I'm going through your old blog posts and videos, Mrs. Sherman. Thank you for keeping these old posts and videos available. They have helped me stay upbeat and hopeful about life. God bless you and your ministry!

Lydia said...

I found it in my “ archives” recently. You’ve probably not seen it before.

Homemaker's Heart said...

LOVE this. Thank you so much. There is value in stopping and reading blogs that I miss, so this has been lovely.

Blessings to you,
Dee

PS. for that pesty cough look up Jean's Tomato tea....works every time for generations :-)

https://www.earthclinic.com/remedies/tomato_tea.html

Twingardeners said...

Hello Ms. Lydia,
Good to hear from you. I am praying for your health and that the pesky cough goes away! I thought I would comment and say that I don't watch much news at all as you're right, it doesn't help me with tasks at hand and it certainly isn't uplifting!
I think you mentioned not liking honey, but local raw honey is great for coughs. Also, I make onion, garlic and ginger "broth" that I freeze in ice cube trays and then pop a couple out for days I'm not feeling the best or am getting a cough and it works wonders!! I know it doesn't sound the best tasting, but after adding a squeeze of lemon and a bit of honey it is warm and soothing and pretty good!

Lydia said...

Thank you all forgetting the cough remedies. I will use them. I have all those ingredients. If you get this cough it may last a month, and the usual remedies don’t take effect immediately.

Christal said...

I've been sick for almost two weeks now it just hangs on and on, feel better soon Lydia, you're videos and encouraging words are missed🙏

Lydia said...

We tried everything including home made cough drops which was the only thing that helped. You can find the recipe online. And bed rest was the only thing that made any difference. It is a dry cough that lasts a month . Possibly from a weather change or something in the air. It also can make you sleepy. Sometimes me people say they coughed so much ( even after taking medicine) that they got a back ache and ribs hurt. But eventually it does stop. Usually acts up when talking. Should keep us all quiet for awhile

Mrs. White said...

I hope you feel better soon! God bless you!