Saturday, October 07, 2023

Simple Events at Home




Hello Ladies,

My granddaughter and I set up a table outdoors and enjoyed a handful of quiet.

This looks like a real camp fire, made from  tree branches and yellow leaves.


I had some old fabric that was cut in small lengths. I put it in a shelf called "to keep or not" and it was perfect for this set up, so it will be to keep. Miss Lillian looks good in the shawl, too.

Miss Lillian and I were talking about sewing and pictures we have seen where the sewist poses her sewing projects in her own house. Every living room and kitchen in some of their houses make perfect stages for modeling a new apron or dress, and some girls make and picture them in their own back yards. We wondered if the days of "top models" and "runways" are waning, in light of the many DIY people showing their own creations at home...and more inspiring than any "top designers".  

These are from Pinterest, so be sure and go look at my Pinterest and see what I have added there.


We enjoy sewing "cottage core" garments and we get some ideas from Pinterest. I think white eyelet goes so nicely with any kind of gingham or plaid. Plaid can consist of rectangles and stripes and multiple colors. 

Gingham is not the same as plaid, or is it? Gingham is always one color with white. Plaid is much different. The dress, above, would be a plaid. 

The fabric print on this dress is called gingham because it is in square shapes only, with one color and white.


As the temperature was unbearable (over 80 F out here in Oregon) with almost 50% humidity, we left our outing and came indoors to look through 1980's and 1990's Victoria Magazines to see what we reproduce for sewing and home living.

Thanks for visiting, and I hope to get back in touch with you soon.
Lydia Ruth












 

4 comments:

Christal said...

Looks like you both had a beautiful day together, pictures are lovely.

Hanah said...

Plaid and gingham are both so beautiful. I can't decide which one I like more. They both give me a sense of calm and order. Maybe it's the simple, repetitive geometric pattern. But I don't feel the same way with polka dots (another simple geometric pattern). Lol. A few years ago there was another similar pattern becoming popular called "buffalo check". It kind of looks like a mix of both.

Mrs. M. said...

What a lovely day you had with your Granddaughter!

Lynn said...

Miss Lillian looks very sweet. If you want to respond, you can comment on my email address...it is not the one below...it is lynnreedcrowder@aol.com. I don't know how to remove that old email address.