Friday, March 22, 2013

A Novelty



Summertime 1894 by Mary Cassatt



Today I would like to share a novelty item sent to me by a blog reader: a little tea-ball that looks like a rubber ducky.

The strainer is connected to the duck,

and filled half full of tea leaves. Then, when it sits in a cup of hot water, the tea leaves soak up the water and the duck floats upright.





After the tea is made, the duck sits back in the holder to drain.

The tea cup has snow drop flowers painted on it. I've mentioned snow drops a few posts ago on one of the fleece capes and hair pins.





Here is the duck floating in the tea cup. What a cheerful touch this has been for me today. 

The centerpiece is white daffodils.

I am still getting used to ipad and may be blogging from it soon.



9 comments:

Julie said...

That is perfect for young girls and ladies alike. Pretty daffodils, too.

Finding Joy said...

We have these at our local "Tea Shop" and my sons (when they were young) use to love them. They are fun and cheerful.

June Fuentes @ A Wise Woman Builds Her Home said...

That is *too* cute! My little twin sons would adore that little yellow duckie!

Many blessings...

Anonymous said...

I too love this little duckie. In fact I would find it hard to keep it to myself with little teething grand babies in the home.

Time for a nursery tea.
Thanks for sharing Lydia.

Blessings, Mrs. J.

Mrs. Crane said...

The duckie is just the cutest thing! I have about 10 different infusers, but nothing like that. I ahve them hanging from a cabinet in my kitchen. Looks cute. I also love tea bag holders, they make such pretty ones.

I pray your Father is doing well.

love anita

Lydia said...

Hello Anita,

I keep trying to get in touch with you. My email is ladylydiaspeaks@comcast.net

I do not have your email address

Anonymous said...

Just Ducky is so cute and cheery! Your art choices are lovely and really go along with your duck theme...enjoy your tea, Lydia!
LM

Mrs. Crane said...

Lydia, I e-mailed you from my G-mail. That is a safe account. I think I get junk on my yahoo from facebook and a group I am on.

Elizabeth said...

Oh I would love to get a duck too! Is there any way you can find out where to get one? I know a few people I'd like to gift with that. It's priceless!