Saturday, April 04, 2020

Crafts From Paper Bags and Boxes

Hello Dear Ladies,
Above you see a beautiful vinyl tote I got for a dollar at Dollar Tree today. The store employees were working hard unloading a new shipment of all their supplies.  This also came in gray and dark blue. 

While I am getting ready for the next Homemakers Broadcast I wanted to remind you of the several pages of crafts I made from boxes and paper bags, here
Please be sure and go to "next page" until you reach the end.
It is even possible to make a picnic basket from a box or paper bag.

This link is a good one for Australians and New Zealanders, as it has autumn crafts from brown paper. You could use any kind of paper or boxes you like:
https://homeliving.blogspot.com/search?q=basket+from+a+paper+bag
We are getting our bags back now, in the grocery stores, so there will be craft material. But if you don't have it in your area, there is plenty of packaging materials just from your groceries in the kitchen. Even tin cans can be made into some beautiful things.

Regarding videos vs. writing, most of the things I speak of on my videos have been written down in previous posts. Just go into my archives listed on the side bar of previous months and years and you will find them.  I will be having posts that are not videos, probably, every other post. 

See you soon!  

2 comments:

Laura Jeanne said...

I like that vinyl tote. It's cute, much more attractive than those ugly reusable shopping bags most of us use with ads written on the sides. :)

I keep thinking that I should make some reusable bags from my stash of floral fabrics, but I never get around to it. Oh well, where I live stores are not allowing customers to use reusable bags now, anyway, in case they might harbour germs. Last time I was in the store I heard the manager telling the cashier that she also didn't have to pack the groceries at all, if she didn't want to (because it would require her to touch everything a second time). Personally I think people are giving way to fear and going a bit overboard, but that's another topic for another day...

Lydia said...

I agree with you Laura. All this was "recommended" but no laws or court orders behind it, but, if I say anything, people become very hostile. They LIKE the way it is becoming. They believe the news media. They live on the fuel of fear.This was planned in 2018 with a vaccine already patented and waiting to be sold to the government for billions of dollars, poisoning millions of people unnecessarily.