Sunday, December 27, 2020

Thriving at Home


Keeping you company while you work at home today, and suggesting ways to thrive instead of just surviving in captivity. 

 







A couple of whole room views today.  I've had company and there is always a small margin of time to get a pictures before occupation.





This year as in the past, I put ornaments in bowls around the house, which makes everything easier to put away.





In the video today I spoke of Joshua Phillip, of The Epoch Times talking to someone about the nature of communism. Here is the link. It is not much more than we already knew but gives a good perspective on the attitude which that prompts the beliefs of this anti-Biblical idea.  This is good education for homemakers, because they are supposed to guide and guard the home, and that includes being able to refute false beliefs that destroy home life. Among the goals of communism and Marxism is total destruction of the family.  As you listen, you might notice a few things that people say and do that bring down the strength of the family, and denigrate the home.




6 comments:

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

Thank you! Happy new year!

Marianne said...

Lydia, I have so enjoyed your last three videos, showing up during the holiday period no less! Our children and their families live far away so my husband and i are "in captivity" here alone this year. your videos cheered me. And you are a gifted story teller_ I was engrossed in the tale about the Italian bicyclist.
A belated Merry Christmas, and I wish you a bountiful and blessed New Year.
Marianne

Lydia said...

Dear Lydia,

I really appreciated the analogy using God’s creation and His attitude about His work. He thought, “This is GOOD.” Likewise, we can daily do our best, and then look at what we have accomplished as homemakers and say to ourselves, “This is good.” What a great encouragement! Thank you!! The last of my company is gone; much work to do with changing bed linens, laundry, etc. Therefore, I was very grateful to listen in on another new broadcast. 😊The back drop scene of your dollhouse and glowing lights added extra eye appeal.
Blessings to you in the New Year! You are truly thriving in captivity!
Holly

Lydia said...

Dear Lydia,

I really appreciated the analogy using God’s creation and His attitude about His work. He thought, “This is GOOD.” Likewise, we can daily do our best, and then look at what we have accomplished as homemakers and say to ourselves, “This is good.” What a great encouragement! Thank you!! The last of my company is gone; much work to do with changing bed linens, laundry, etc. Therefore, I was very grateful to listen in on another new broadcast. 😊The back drop scene of your dollhouse and glowing lights added extra eye appeal.
Blessings to you in the New Year! You are truly thriving in captivity!
Holly

Janine said...

Very encouraging, as usual. I got a late start today due to a long, but much welcomed phone call, and then felt drowsy. So I pretended it was early and began my day all over again. I think you mis-spoke...the oldest city in usa is St. Augustine. We recently read in the Bible about the second mile, and so I read an excellent story by that name from Pathway Publisher's 6th grade reader about a boy being forced to carry a Roman's bag for one mile, and how he remembered Jesus saying to carry it for two, and the change that occurred inside of him as he insisted on going another mile, and the change that occurred in the Roman, both seeing each other as human beings in need of love and compassion. One of my favorite stories, and it really drove the point home. I keep old books just for such teachable moments!

Marie said...

Mrs. Sherman, your rooms are filled with beauty and designed well! Your arrangement is beautiful and makes the rooms look grander and yet cozy.