Friday, February 12, 2021

Thrive at Home



Please enjoy your home while you listen to the message today:



In my mail-- newsletter by Amy, from "On the Journey" blog:

Poem I read:


“Drop a pebble in the water: just a splash, and it is gone;
But there's half-a-hundred ripples circling on and on and on,
Spreading, spreading from the center, flowing on out to the sea.
And there is no way of telling where the end is going to be.

Drop a pebble in the water: in a minute you forget,
But there's little waves a-flowing, and there's ripples circling yet,
And those little waves a-flowing to a great big wave have grown;
You've disturbed a mighty river just by dropping in a stone.

Drop an unkind word, or careless: in a minute it is gone;
But there's half-a-hundred ripples circling on and on and on.
They keep spreading, spreading, spreading from the center as they go,
And there is no way to stop them, once you've started them to flow.

Drop an unkind word, or careless: in a minute you forget,
But there's little waves a-flowing, and there's ripples circling yet,
And perhaps in some sad heart a mighty wave of tears you've stirred,
And disturbed a life was happy ere you dropped that unkind word.

Drop a word of cheer and kindness: just a flash and it is gone;
But there's half-a-hundred ripples circling on and on and on,
Bearing hope and joy and comfort on each splashing, dashing wave
Till you wouldn't believe the volume of the one kind word you gave.

Drop a word of cheer and kindness: in a minute you forget;
But there's gladness still a-swelling, and there's joy a-circling yet,
And you've rolled a wave of comfort whose sweet music can be heard
Over miles and miles of water just by dropping one kind word.”


― James W. Foley







5 comments:

Lydia said...

Dear Lydia,

I enjoyed this talk while cleaning and disinfecting all the various room humidifiers. I also managed to plan tomorrow’s wardrobe for church... all set out and pressed. I never do well, like you, being rushed. I enjoy my work when I plan a little ahead and take my time.😊 Thank you for all the suggestions on making appointments for the things we really want to pursue and learn more about. If we don’t make the appointment, chances are it won’t happen.
So very grateful for your company today and for sharing your letters and treasures from friends. I always stop what I am doing to take a peek at them. As always, your beautiful, timeless videos are such a wonderful blessing.
❤️Holly

Thanks for posting first, Holly!
Lydia

Laura Jeanne said...

I listened to this talk this evening while I made shepherd's pie for supper, tidied up the kitchen, and washed a basket of farm eggs. I really liked the poem The Pebble. I think this is going to be used for copywork in school this week!

Mrs. G. said...

Dear Lydia,
Today I washed fruit and sliced peppers and onions for tonight’s dinner: sausage peppers and potatoes! I will also serve Italian bread and butter. I put a loaf of banana bread in the oven. It was a quick bread mix. Your cheerful and motivating talk today gave me joy. I love coming to your blog where there is such a heart for home!

Christal said...

I love your videos and blog, it's always such a joy, I love how you decorate, Soo beautiful. I'm going to write this poem down in my journal ❤️❤️πŸ™πŸ™

Linda said...

This is over a year later, but I only found your blog about a month ago and have been 'drawn' to keep coming back. I've been going backwards through all your videos and have covered a year in a month's time. From time to time over the years I have heard speakers mention the effect of a pebble tossed in the water but I did not know it was a poem. I'm glad you posted it, otherwise, I'm sure I never would have come across the full version. Thank you for the time and effort you put into the videos and the blog. ~ ~ Linda ~ ~