Sunday, June 20, 2021

Good News Minutes Ep. 1 (15 Minutes)



 A short report for today but it may be just what someone needs to get the inspiration for the responsibilities at home. My family and friends are giving one another one good news report every time we communicate. I hope you like this one.  Since we began, everyone involved has said
they have so much good news to report they don't have time to report it all. Listen to see what kinds of things are good news.


I used two books as examples for creating your own course at home to include on your daily list:

This one was from a book subscription by mail, years ago and it contains many different aspects of the household; more than cooking and cleaning.  Its pages bring color, creativity and comfort to the dwelling place and would be great to use for a class of your own, if you used it with your own made up workbook, diary or art journal. Look around your house and find many publications you can use for a personal class or "course".  Give yourself a certificate upon completion.
If you do not want any more hands-on creative activities, try going through a high school history book from one of the homeschool companies.  This is one that we used for homeschool. 


Here is the poem I tried to recite:

Little drops of water,
Little grains of sand,
Make the mighty ocean
And the pleasant land.
So the little moments,
Humble though they be,
Make the mighty ages
Of Eternity.
So the little errors
Lead the soul away
From the paths of virtue
Far in sin to stray.
Little deeds of kindness,
Little words of love,
Help to make earth happy,
Like the Heaven above.”


― Julia A.F. Carney 1945

Keep your minutes good and guard them as though they were precious gems, for they make the hours of the day.


4 comments:

Lydia said...

Hello Lydia ,
Thankful for all your suggestions that helps to  keep things interesting, inspiring, and motivating throughout my homemaking day.😊I also liked the idea of sharing good reports: right now we are having a much needed rainfall. I won’t have to water tonight since the Lord’s taken care of it for me. I also purchased a very sturdy steel wagon (ON SALE)to haul my buckets of water out to the gardens in. What a blessing to get one... only one left on the shelf. I trust you’re having a wonderful Sunday.
Blessings,
❤️Holly


Laura Jeanne said...

I guess I have always been "taking a course" of one sort or another. Since I was in my 20s I would fill notebooks with the things I had learned from reading. These are the things that make life interesting. Right now I am "taking a course" in foraging wild foods by studying several books I have and by watching Youtube videos. In order to solidify what I am learning in my head, I am also teaching it to my children. So far we have eaten young willow leaves, chickweed, dandelions, nettles, Japanese knotweed, and purslane, and we plan to make "pink lemonade" with the flowers from sumac once they are ready. Also, we will use the acorns from our oak tree in the fall to make acorn flour.

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

I truly appreciate the time you share with us as well as your wisdom. Thank you very much.
Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

Rose said...

I am truly enjoying these little good news reports! They're so fun to just put on a get a short chore done.
Thank you, Lydia.