Friday, April 08, 2022

A Day at Home



Hello Dear Ones,

My grandchildren check my blog every day, which prompts me to post daily. There isn’t any time to lose when it concerns our descendants, because time is not anyone’s side. 

Today I am looking out this window now and then from my sewing room while I catch up on the ironing.

From the recent Victoria magazine I tried the brioche bread recipe, using natural unbleached flour.

Then I ordered a new sewing pattern that has been republished from the 1970’s. 
I ordered this fabric from Hancock’s of Paducah (Kentucky). 


Sometimes I buy a pattern for one or two elements: if I like a sleeve or the skirt or something else, I use them as parts to add to other patterns that fit me😊


I got this fizzy grapefruit drink from Imperfect Foods which I have continued to have brought to my door. Small sips helps when anyone has a queasy tummy or wants a cool refreshment. Added to juice, it makes a fancier drink.
A catalog in the mail had a picture of this old truck painting. I was amused at the way people in this area keep their first truck or their grandpa’s first truck, even if it doesn’t work, for sentimental reasons, and how it has become an art-form. So it stands to reason there are paintings of old trucks in shops and catalogs and furniture stores. Our online art teacher (watched by my grandkids and myself) conducted a truck painting class.

I took a picture of this cute little couch in Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago. The pillow is just right, too. 

Thank you all for your visit here, and I hope to post a broadcast soon so you can listen while you walk or work. I am still waiting for one of my clever descendants to come and help me make some podcasts, so until then, the broadcast will be on videos.

If you are having trouble subscribing or getting email notifications, try subscribing on my YouTube channel, Lydia Sherman. You will still have to check on YouTube to see when it is updated. 

I love you all and am so blessed by your comments. 

Lydia

8 comments:

Mrs Bain said...

What a lovely view for ironing. I love that issue of Victoria. I think it is my favorite so far this year. I am developing a fondness for the French Country/Shabby chic style.

Lydia said...

we grew up with things like this, painted to refresh it and make it seem new. We were trendy and didn’t know it.

Linda said...

That Dress Pattern!! My sister chose that pattern (1976) for her bridesmaids dresses. How surprised I am to see it again! Our mom made 5 long dresses with the fluttery sleeves, each in a different pastel color. Mine was lilac. I loved that dress and wore it often. Her wedding was so very pretty.

Lynnette said...

Mrs. Sherman, your beautiful photographs bring me so much joy and comfort. Whenever I feel anxious or upset, I look at the photographs of the Manse and the surrounding area and I feel calm once again. Please continue to share with you readers your gift of photographing the beauty of your home and nature-in this troubled world, beauty helps to uplift and encourage us.

With Gratitude,
Lynnette

Lydia said...

Lynnette, I think I can do that. I wonder how many photographs I can get and still have them be different but I can put in new plants and change the pillow covers ;-)

Lydia said...

Linda that dress pattern has been re-issued and I was thrilled to find it. I will have to raise the neckline and put longer sleeves on it because of my "vitality" haha.

Polly said...

This is a wonderful legacy you're leaving for your grandchildren. I SO wish my grandmothers had done something like this--written down all their wisdom, their daily habits, encouragement! It's a blessing and a gift. I look forward to catching up on the "radio" show soon! :)

Lydia said...

Polly, thank you. A little hand written journal would be eagerly read by a future generation. We love to know the details of the daily home life of our ancestors and the next ones will enjoy knowing about our days too.