Saturday, April 16, 2022

The Resurrection


Greeting Good Friends,

I hope you are having a pleasant resurrection weekend. This was commonly called Easter but increasingly is referred to as resurrection, which is a more meaningful description. The death, burial and resurrection of Christ is also observed each Lords Day when we take the emblems of the Lord’s supper. 

I had planned to be here much sooner but life kept getting in the way. I have some notes ready for a video and if I wake up early I will be leaving a nice message for homemakers, with a variety of subjects.

Until that happens, here are a few things to view around The Manse:

You don’t see much of this little room. It is the sewing room and a spare bedroom, usually draped in fabric projects. It was neat and tidy long enough for a photo.

This is what it usually looks like:



This is the window to that room, on the right of the house here:


Please rest and be happy today. I will be seeing you soon. Thank you for allowing me into your homes.

 

6 comments:

SharonR said...

What a pretty sewing room. I love how you make the most of the manse. I grew up in them and remember the limitations. In spite of those limitations, your house always looks pretty.

Lydia said...

SharonR, that's so true!!I added the "normal" scene to this room!

Marianne said...

You have so many pretty little feminine details in your home ! Charming.

Have a glorious celebration of our risen Savior today!
God bless you,
Marianne

Lydia said...

Marianne, thank you.

Janine said...

I love how you put in the clean picture and the normal picture. I was planning on doing that, too! Hope you had a wonderful Resurrection Day. We had 4 widows over and had a good time fellowshipping.

Homemaker's Heart said...

Oh Lydia, thank you for inviting us and giving us a tour. I too am grateful for the 'what it normally looks like' and then after you tidy it. I feel better knowing my own craft room doesn't have to be so neat all the time.

You take beautiful pictures. My backside to the house is similar. It needs attention, but I don't always have the energy to give it.

I remember when you used to make a little get away place each summer in your back yard. You would decorate a little space to go to for tea and quiet time.

Here in southern Colorado, we are in the windy season. Oh my!! The pergola that is attached to the house even moves a few inches during these months.

I am enjoying decluttering and "nesting" right now and getting ideas for crafting going in my head as I clean a bit.

Thank you for the post.

Hugs to you, Dee