Sunday, October 23, 2022

Refinement at Home

Window View Today

Greetings Ladies,

I have stated in the past how much Victoria magaine has to offer. For one thing, it never has a discouraging word, never leaves a person feeling down, uses natural things we can all attain, and has beauty and refinement. I will review it page by page soon, with suggestions to you homeschool students, how it can be used as a window to the world and life in many ways.

The recent Victoria had some splendid autumn pictures using only natural things. I was not interested in artifical foliage for autumn this year, so I went overboard with pumpkins, squash and gourds both indoors and outside.


I found white pumpkins and chrysanthemums at our local stores, which looked best with the white and sage green on the  front porch of The Manse.
This natural decor sets off the porch "ruins" just fine.



 Don't I wish I could look as great in this shirt as the dress form does.

In the previous broadcast I mentioned the benefits of the spice Nutmeg. An assignment: Look for charts and pictures which list the many health advantages of using nutmeg.


Today I read the rest of the chapter on Refinement from Helen Andelin's book, which includes the following words, worth looking up:
tactful
diplomatic
courteous
propriety
good taste
graciousness
considerate
complimentary
encouraging

So much is contained in the concept of refinement, that it is worth some time to research it.

For more about refinement, listen to the previous video.

Please enjoy getting something done at home while you listen. The video today is only 45 minutes.


2 comments:

Caroline said...

Always a beautiful blessing visiting your page Lady Lydia and pondering on the topics you share. Blessed by your faithfulness in sharing the wisdom God has graciously granted you. Thank you.

Lydia said...

Dear Lydia,

Thank you for all the lovely photos from the manse. It’s such a pleasant atmosphere around your home. The white pumpkins and chrysanthemums adorning your sage green porch have quite the eye appeal.

I am going to the links you recommended and finding some good things… like the exercises from Natasha.πŸ™‚

The Victoria magazine is a feast for the eyes as well. My mom is living in a memory care unit for folks suffering with Alzheimer’s. I take many magazines, picture books, coloring books, etc.. along with me when I visit . Her favorite is looking through the Victoria magazine.😊

I know I’ve said it before, but it seems working around my home goes so much better when I listen to homemaker radio. I managed to dust, vacuum, and sort through my bedroom drawers while listening in today. I am very grateful for the time you take away from your busy schedule to keep us encouraged and motivated.

Blessings,
❤️Holly