Monday, October 10, 2022

Vacation Thoughts 2


Greetings Dear, Dear Ladies!

Again, I am so glad to be here and having a chat with you while you get something done.

Today I read aloud a delightful article called "Get Up and Move: An Exercise Plan Inspired by Jane Austen." Click on the link if you want to read it yourself and see the site which is called "The Jane Austen Summer Program."  I'm enjoying looking through these pages when I occasionally sit still.

Have a look at the drawing included in the post there, of a Jane Austen figure lifting books and teapots or greeting visitors, for exercise.

I also talked about the drama of re-locating--drama for some people, and relief for others, and read this article called House Moves in Jane Austen's Novels. This is from a site called "Austen Authors...for readers who need more Jane Austen. I'm looking forward to reading everything there.

We are having Fog Season here.




What I Wore


All that is needed to accessories dresses at home is a jacket for going out, and an apron for staying in. It is nice when you can get an apron to go with the dress. 


To the widow who left a comment recently asking about how to store teacups, I took this picture at Hobby Lobby the other day. A cabinet with doors is nice to keep the dust off the cups, and this one could be set on top of a little dresser or desk, where you could keep other tea things such as boxes of tea, spoons, packages of tea treats for impromptu visits.

These kinds of things go for half price at some time or other during each month.  

My friend Janine has read "When Queens Ride By" aloud on YouTube, so if you want something else to listen to, I highly recommend it. She has the sweetest voice! I'm hoping she will also  post "The Wife" by Washington Irving, soon. 

Please enjoy your walk, your work, or you rest, while you listen to the broadcast, and thank you for coming!!!

7 comments:

Christal said...

Really enjoyed all of your readings today, thank you for these videos, they are lovely. Have a blessed week πŸ™πŸ™πŸŒΌπŸŒΊ

Rachel said...

Dear lady Lydia,
I find so inspiring the idea of vacationing at your own home. In fact, every Sunday can be a vacation because you can prepare in advance (cooking and baking on Saturdays), and devote the whole day to devotions, rest and quiet enjoyment of one´s surroundings. I once heard a preacher apply Hebrews 4,9 (“There remains a rest for the people of God”) to Sunday as our day of rest in the Lord. A weekly vacation at our disposal with just a little preparation on the previous days.
It´s interesting how we can create a sweet, simple, lovely life we don´t need to escape from. No expensive flights or hotels required.

Janine said...

Thanks for the compliment! If only I was as sweet as my voice πŸ˜‰. I listened as I made salads for today's lunch. I enjoyed the myriad of topics you covered today. Thank you!

Lydia said...

I feel the same way.

Christal said...

Missing your videos Ms. LydiaπŸ€—πŸŒΊπŸŒΌπŸ¦

Lydia said...

I’m planning one today and throughout this week.

ann said...

missing hearing your videos. i hope all is well. xx Ann