Saturday, February 11, 2023

Tea With Jane Austen, Stepping Heavenward and More




Greetings Dear Friends,
I think often of content you might enjoy hearing while you go about your home. 

I read from Tea With Jane Austen by Kim Wilson.
I also read a few entries of Stepping Heavenward, which is done in diary form.
Also, I continued my observations of the many things concerning character in "Princess Cut." I am not sure if this was ever a book but the script was evidently carefully thought out, covering many basis I have observed personally with my "vital" experience with parents and their grown children over the years, and you probably have, as well. I suggested you use it as a teaching tool, pausing the movie to observe and discuss. Perhaps you can watch it all the way the through first, and then at another time, watch it in segments to get the full meaning.

Things are quiet but busy at The Manse today.

Secret sipping from my windowsill instead of outside in the rain.  You know all about this tea thing from previous posts. 


Please enjoy what you are doing at home while you listen:




I enjoyed hosting you in The Manse today and hope you will come again.








 

5 comments:

Shelly said...

Delighted to get to listen to another episode!! Thank you, Mrs. Sherman : )

Lydia said...

Happy you are here Shelly.

Vintagebeliever said...

Thank you

Henri said...

I think Ill look for the tea book. Thanks for sharing. I bought one other book you recommended and have enjoyed it so much. Thanks for all your lovely words.

Laura Jeanne said...

Dear Lydia, I listened to this talk while I iced a chocolate cake for my daughter's 12th birthday, and then made spaghetti and meatballs. I was feeling rather frazzled as we had guests over and I was behind schedule and hadn't even yet wrapped the birthday presents. But listening to you talk about tea was highly enjoyable and soothing. I especially found the Samuel Johnson quote about tea amusing. I'm going to share it with my husband, who also is
"a hardened and shameless tea drinker." lol.