Sunday, August 20, 2023

Health and Happiness



Today I shared a couple of hardback editions of vintage books from Lamplighter, which someone generously sent me. I'm sold on them and want my whole library to have these beautiful hardbacks. They are lovely to hold, and the pages are quality; I also like the size of the print. 

Dress I wore:
Fabric--Fabric Traditions 
Teacup-- Brew to a Tea (BTAT)



Last month my daughter and her children re-designed the front flower beds of the Manse and I'm so glad they did. It is one weight off my mind of the myriad of things that need to be straightened up around here. Every time I walk out the door, those gardens give me peace.

Miss Lillian enjoyed  reading outside, with the Manse in the background.

In this video I talked about the connection between cheerfulness and health, reading from The Jane Austen Diet by Bryan Kowslowski.

I so appreciate your viewership and your encouragement to keep providing this service to homemakers.
Please enjoy doing something at home while you listen today. My videos are not supposed to have ads. Please let me know if any ads come up and I'll get them removed. Thank you.

4 comments:

Flossy said...

Hi Lydia - thank you for taking the time to do your videos - I love them so much! Your yellow dress is just beautiful - you look so pretty in it - I wish I could sew!! Cheers Flossy xx

Donna said...

I adore your graceful content. I'm so glad you have the memory of precious time with your family over the summer. It was a delight to see the creative expression in your family's ideas. Thank you for reminding me that homemaking and caring for one's family is the most important ministry. I look forward to your blog and videos. You are an inspiration in so many ways. To God be the glory. Warmest blessings, Donna

Mrs Bain said...

What a delight. I finished with the previous video today and discovered you had made another. I’m always so encouraged by your reminders to rise up, lift up, and dress up. Lamplighter books are our favorites. I buy some every year at our homeschool convention. Their audio books are even more delightful. They publish them in house using older methods of bookbinding. I appreciate their good, uplifting, and clean stories.

Thank you for making each video a trove of education and encouragement.

Janine said...

Miss Lillian looks beautiful in that feminine hat and dress! My mom gave me all of her Victoria mags, and I really appreciate the oldest ones. It was so new and different then. The current mag is fine, but the mags with the Rose in the logo just seem more interesting to me.