Saturday, August 19, 2023

Keep Your Routine




Thank you for your visit today!! 

 I hope you enjoy the broadcast,  which is at the end of this post.

I talked about having your own routine while people are in your home. I read from The Jane Austen Diet book about the mind-body connection and how people of Jane Austen's era knew something about taking care of their mind and getting away from the world for some peace and quiet.


We also learned the old expression for goodbye, which was so much better: "Please accept my best wishes for your health and happiness."


Dress fabric: April Cornell by the yard 
Tea Cup: Home Goods.

I hope you have great success at home today with your family harmony and your homemaking responsibilities. Thank you for praying for me and for your encouragement to keep publishing, and thank you for your comments.

Lydia Ruth

            

7 comments:

Toirdhealbheach Beucail said...

Miss Lydia, thank you so much for the reminder on routines. I literally cannot function without them.

Lydia said...

Correction to video: Victorian era ended in 1903. I stated that it began then. It began in 1837.

Mrs. Bill said...

It is interesting to hear about the mind and body connection. This is something I have noticed myself. It looks like I am going to have to read Jane Austin again, with notebook at hand!

Christal said...

So happy to see you, you have been missed. Great reminder about routines, they are so important. Love hearing you read from the Jane Austen diet. Thank you 🙏🌷🌻

Janine said...

Loved it as usual. I was going to comment on something in particular but didn't make a mote so zip, it's gone. So glad you are back.

Vintagebeliever said...

Thank you for sharing

Laura Jeanne said...

Hello Lydia - I listened to this video yesterday while I made supper. I enjoyed the discussion of Wives and Daughters, and the lessons therein about health and happiness, because coincidentally I just finished reading the book the day before! I too, was struck with the different way that people in the past thought about health and wellness. It was taken so much more seriously than today, and people who were overworked were expected to get a good long rest, free from cares, so that they could recover fully before resuming their duties. Today a person is lucky to get a single day off work no matter how exhausted they feel. It's like people today trust too much in modern medicine - they don't value their health or care for their minds like they should, because they figure if something goes wrong, the doctor will fix it for them. Well, there isn't anything a doctor can give us that substitutes for rest and peace of mind.

I particularly thought the part of the book where Molly was recovering from nursing Mrs. Osborne Hamley was so interesting. Her father cared for her well-being so tenderly, I thought it was quite touching. I don't have anybody in my life like that, who tells me to rest when I'm overwrought and exhausted! Oh well. I'll have to try my best to tell myself to do that.