Friday, August 18, 2023

Summer Camp at Home, Jane Austen Tea


Please enjoy your home while you listen to the broadcast:

I addressed several subjects in this video. In the beginning I mentioned that I learned about the old custom of protecting the ends of your hair. You can listen to it on THIS VIDEO.

During the "Summer Camp" at The Manse, our daughter and her children re-created the front flower beds. They had one rule from me: please don't buy anything or spend money.  They used whatever they could find and did a very professional job. They worked in the evenings when it was cool, for about a week. 

Miss Lillian went for her morning walk, wearing one of the dresses she posted about on 
HER BLOG.

Mr. S. donated some floats for our stock tank, which I happily used for the de-stress floating assignment I gave myself.

The dress I wore during the video, 
and the matching teacup.
Fabric: Shabby Fabrics
Teacup: Home Goods (TJ Maxx)


We made things with brown paper and heavy string:



Some of them created a tea company and hired their mother  to work for them, filling the tea bags.


For more details please watch the video.
Lydia Ruth

5 comments:

Janine said...

So glad you are back and that you were having a delightful time. I was just beginning to wonder if all was well. Love the crafts and imagination. I worked around the house and sipped my tea!

Mrs. Bill said...

I am so happy that you found a bit of time to post another episode of "Homemaker Radio". It seems you always hit on what I need to hear. I have been following this blog for many years, going back as far as LAF. My circumstances have changed through those years and now I am in my 80's, and living alone in a senior center. I can't tell you how much I enjoy your talks. They help me navigate through the daily challenges I face. I usually listen to you at dinner. It is so nice to have your company!

Dianne said...

I so enjoyed hearing about your home camp. Everything about it was so inventive and sweet. Thank you for sharing all the things you did. 💙

Homemaker's Heart said...

I really enjoyed this! You are so sweet all dressed up in your gifts. The assignment of floating, I wish to do that some day. Where did Mr. S find the floats? It looks so relaxing.

Lydia said...

The floats were from the grocery store—Safeway. But available at Walmart and similar places.