Saturday, June 17, 2017

Include Some of These Things in Your Days


Pictures today are from Pinterest.
We all know what it is like when home life becomes mostly work!

Being keepers at home is not supposed to be continual labor, but a variety of things where work and leisure are combined.

There will always be meals to make, laundry, rooms to clean up, and things to take care of each day.  We know that, and think about it all the time, but it is good to include other things in your day at home,
...such as setting a fine table, at least once a week. It is good to keep the table setting habit in practice, and not let the table cloths and special dishes go unused. 

Treat yourself to a tea time with your favorite snacks and hot tea, and serve it in a real porcelain tea cup.

Sit on the swing. We can spend so much time cleaning up the porch we forget to enjoy it.

Other things to include in your week, besides work:

-phone a friend.
-a care package for someone by shopping your house for things you no longer need.
-creativeness in sewing, cooking, or some other interest.
-time outside.
-rearrange something, add flowers, scent, music.
-read something.
-Plan something 

Everyone has to sweep, clean the kitchen, clean the bathroom, and do the general housekeeping, but it doesn't have to be grueling if you have some leisure things planned.

If you find yourself getting snappy and tense and an unbearable attitude, stop for one of these leisurely things, even when surrounded urgency of a mess from unpacking or rearranging or just normal living.

When I get tense I stop for tea and use the most elegant cup I can find in my cabinet, and the best tea, and then I call a friend.


I posted this because I have let seasons pass by without doing the simple things traditionally done such as writing a letter, sewing a skirt, talking to someone or drawing a picture.

7 comments:

living from glory to glory said...

Perfect Timing... I am doing that right now!
Blessings, Roxy

Lydia said...

I enjoy all your posts but today was a really good one that spoke directly to me. I am grateful for all God has blessed me with but sometimes I'm completely overwhelm by all the work and daily "keeping up". I walk by my thrift store shelf I found and painted pink, displaying my little teacup and teapot collection and never use any of them. I grow all kinds of flowers in my yard yet never pick any to bring inside. I go through the motions of preparing and serving dinner while linens I've had for years grown yellow with age in the closet along with tarnished candlesticks I could be using. And there are friends far away now that I think of fondly but it's always too late or I'm too tired to call. I'm saving this post and will refer to it often to remind myself when I do a little for myself, I'm doing much more.

thank you and God Bless
-carol

anonymous said...

I too enjoy your posts and will store this one to remind me of better days ahead. As a great-grandmother caring for a three and four year old, I am often just too tired to do these wonderful things. Your post is always an encouragement to me. Keep up the good work.

Janet.

Songsparrowgarden said...

Beautiful message about keeping sacred the day in little ways. . very special.

Lynn said...

Lydia...such good advice....

Jenny said...

Yes, Lydia! I just did two nice things. I wrote a letter to my dear cousin a few days ago, and just today, I made a bed pillow and pillowcase for my toddler. I have lots of "work", but I sure do feel refreshed after doing those two nice things. I actually feel like I've had a break this weekend. I'm ready to start again tomorrow. Thank you for this reminder.

Marqueta (Mar-kee-ta) G. said...

Thank you, Lady Lydia, for another wonderful and beautiful post. Your blog always refreshes me.

Love,

Marqueta