Saturday, August 19, 2017

A Wild Morning Tea

Hello everyone,

We are so grateful for your visits, your kind emails and any donations, which are so personally motivating.

The foliage is wild and untamed around here and we need to do a lot of trimming and edging and mowing! I was outside in the morning having a look at all that needs to be done.

I still want to create a sheet tent and also put some kind of outdoor living thing in he bed of the truck, as well as other outdoor rest areas, eating areas and recreation areas around the place.  We have a back patio, a shed, shady tree areas and many other places that could be created as places of interest with a few simple props as well as some water on the dry patches.
In one week we are expecting a couple our age,  from Tennessee!  I am outside today trying to see what parts of the property need some trimming and I am experimenting to see where we might enjoy a wee spot of morning tea with the best view!
This arbor bench is covered in grapevines and also has rusted so I am not sure we will sit here but I wanted to stage it and see how appealing or comfortable it would be.

On Thursday there was such a small group in ladies class ( busy summer harvest activities and all) that I asked my husband to join us and teach the lesson. He chose Romans 12 because he said that would be one chapter a Christian would need for navigation through the trials of life.

 It is very busy around here today getting ready for the Tennessee couple, so I won't post the chapter, but I expect some of you will comment on the contents of that chapter or post verses of Romans 12. I call it the citizenship chapter because that is the way the citizens of the kingdom of Christ will want to conduct themselves with members of the Lords church, members of their own families, and others.

The principles of Romans 12 also help a great deal when trying to live among the citizens of that "other" kingdom where people are not so respectful or peaceful.




6 comments:

Ms.Tierra said...

What a beautiful tea set.

Unknown said...

You motivate me Mrs. Sherman. Enjoy your visit!
God bless.
Mrs.O

Blessed Homemaking said...

Beautiful yard. I think the vines are pretty. I am looking forward to having a very green yard soon :)
I haven't read Romans 12 in a while, but thank you for the reminder.

Unknown said...

It is always wonderful to read your posts! I read Romans 12 and was encouraged by the lessons found there! I enjoy seeing all the settings you make for tea!

living from glory to glory said...

I wish I had been there to hear Stan teach! Love the summer tea tray!
Have a wonderful visit with your friends.
Hugs, Roxy

Anonymous said...

What a lovely place...Romans 12 - excellent chapter! God bless!
mari