Sunday, May 16, 2021

Bloom Where You Are Planted





Hello Ladies,

Please enjoy your household routine while you listen to the broadcast today:



I showed a panorama of a few changes around here.


The bulletin piece I read:

1. Plan your day, or your week, so that you have a workable plan.
2. Learn to do one thing at a time. A tense person tends to scatter his activities and when he is doing one thin, he is worrying about doing something else.
3. Do not take yourself too seriously. Keep a good sense of humor. God gave mankind the power to weep and to laugh. 
4. Learn the art of relaxation. Each person has to find his own way to relax.
5. Learn to live as though in the presence of God. God challenges us to live our best, then leave the rest in His hands. The strings of the harp might be drawn tight, so that there may be melody and beautiful harmony.  If we are to make a life of music as our Lord intends it, our lives must be drawn to a certain tension. We must let God to the tuning of us, for it is His fingerers that must pluck the melody from the strings. - R. H.

I spoke of keeping conversation on a higher level, and referred to the words of this hymn:

The scripture I read:

For this very reason, make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue,[a] and virtue with knowledge,
 and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with steadfastness, and steadfastness with godliness, 
and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love.
 For if these qualities[b] are yours and are increasing, they keep you from being ineffective or unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 
For whoever lacks these qualities is so nearsighted that he is blind, having forgotten that he was cleansed from his former sins. 
10 Therefore, brothers,[c] be all the more diligent to confirm your calling and election, for if you practice these qualities you will never fall.

 Peter 1:5-10


This old style shed is here on the same property as The Manse, and I am thinking of painting a picture of it.  It looks very rough but as storage goes, everything is very dry inside, and there is no mold or mildew or any scent of decay inside, even though it has no insulation. I thought of it when I was perusing wall art at the Hobby Lobby site and spotted several old shed and old barn pictures.


16 comments:

Joyful noise said...

Dear Lydia:

We´ve been missing you. Thank you for coming back. Very lovely video as always. I love the way you rearranged your living room, the colours, your beautiful dress, you look gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your stories in the train with your descendants 😊💜. Also thanks for the Bible verses and the beautiful hymn. We truly appreciate your dedication. God bless you abundantly. Much love. Maria.

Mary said...

I so enjoy your "broadcasts" and find needed encouragement and inspiration. I look forward to future postings.

Mrs Bain said...

So good to see you today! Your new microphone really does a good job, too. Your comments about clothes and scriptures are always a good reminder. My style coach says the same thing on every coaching call. She also reminds us, “Get up. Dress up. And be a bold light on a hill.” Just as God designed us to be. 💕 Lady Amy B.

Laura Jeanne said...

Dear Lydia, I was so glad to see a new video today! I've really missed your talks. I listened to this one while I made supper, and finished it up when I gave the kitchen a good cleaning later in the evening. It was so nice to hear your cheerful voice again, and I must say your new microphone makes a huge difference! I used to have difficulties hearing what you said with my tablet at full volume, and this time I had to actually turn the volume down a bit because it was too loud. The sound quality is very good, too, perfectly clear. :)

Lydia said...



Your words of encouragement are sweet as honey to the woman residing happily at home, blooming where the Lord has planted her. Thank you so much for today’s talk. I was content to fold laundry, iron clothes, and wash dishes as you spoke.

I was thinking about your wise advice concerning written goals or daily lists mastering us. We definitely need to prioritize and adjust continually to whatever circumstances come our way. I often thought “flexibility”should be among the list of the fruit of the Spirit. Our goals and lists should not control us to the point of frustration.😩

Your beautiful, lovely updated room decor is absolutely inviting. I would love to come over and visit and have a cup of tea with you there. Since that’s not possible, this is the next best thing. You are truly gracious to entertain and extend hospitality to us by opening up your home via the age of electronics.

I liked hearing about “Thrive Academy” on zoom as well. What an innovative way to stay connected and teach your grandchildren on a regular basis. I favor the idea of one on one teaching over group settings; it seems the zoom class combines both together beautifully.

Your company is always a blessing to me, Lydia.
❤️Holly

jeanannemarie said...

I had to laugh when you said that you might have to stop and glue on a toy wheel for one of the kids. I am the mother of five grown children, but I remember one afternoon while busy making dinner, I stopped to "glue the wheel" or something on a match box car for my second oldest son. I used super glue and glued my fingers in a very uncomfortable position to my hand. This was before internet. I hurriedly called a friend who advised nail polish remover which worked. It was a bit tense for a few moments, but it all worked out. I miss those times, those interruptions!

Lydia said...

hello Lydia,
I enjoyed listening to this episode today as I prepared dinner and washed dishes. I found it very encouraging and full of many good ideas and suggestions.
One idea that stands out to me is to make a course of study on Philippians 4:8. I need to plan my day out better and, as you've often suggested, "make an appointment" (for myself) to do this.
I really like the warm, subtle colors you've chosen in your recent room display. The pretty wall hanging in the background with its rich colors just seems to pop out to me. I also recently made some changes in our living/dining room spaces and it provided me with motivation to do a few other things as well!
~ Lynnea

Homemaker's Heart said...

Hello Lydia,
I am so glad to find the broadcast on today. I was able to putter and got many things done and caught up. I even took a couple notes in my planner. Your tips on guarding our topics conversations with others was great. For the past few weeks, I have been working on guarding against speaking only of negative things and complaints, even just conversation with my husband. I am focusing on sharing the good things in my day (such as: I saw a bluebird, or I was able to get the laundry caught up and hung, or I've noticed when I tidy our dresser drawers they are more appealing) versus the complaints (such as: my throat has still bothered me, my nose is dry, I don't think you really care if I get XYZ done). Those are not uplifting or necessary. These are just random examples, but I like examples they get me thinking. Thank you for todays broadcast. PS I LOVE how you decorate!

Homemaker's Heart said...

I just wanted to add - I hadn't taken an afternoon break yet and noticed I was tired. It was at that moment you spoke of taking care of ourselves. I stopped, got a snack and some water and sat down to watch a few minutes of the broadcast. Thank you for the reminder.
~Dee

Robyn G. said...

This was delightful and encouraging to listen to this morning. Thank you for that.

SharonR said...

SharonR said...

I enjoyed listening again. I am still decluttering my house. Your words of wisdom are keeping me company.

SharonR said...

Also, I want to say that your house is so pretty. It gives me something to hope for. The folded napkin to resemble a rose in the cup caught my eye! Pretty!

Lydia said...

Sharon I will try to show everyone how to make that rose. I found it on Pinterest.

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

Your shed would make a lovely painting.

April said...

Thank you so much for these broadcasts. I am a mom of 3 and homeschooling. I was a career woman before having our children and even though ive been home steady for 6 years now I still find that I am transitioning as there has been so much I was not taught. I found you through another homeschool mom who gave a shout out to your channel. I Thank the LORD above that I saw that post as I really look forward to your broadcasts. Thank you so much for your act of service and your gift of yourself and your wisdom. You are helping to fill the gap in my growth/maturing as a woman! God Bless!