Friday, July 08, 2022

Discerning the Weather From Home

Hello My Friends,

Thank you for your kind comments. They mean so much to me and keep me interested in talking to you.

Parsley was the herb study today. A search for benefits of parsley, nutritional and culinary, will yield practical uses of this wonderful plant. 


I was sitting in this quiet room today while I spoke of weather and other things.
The books I read from today:

A verse from the New Testament 
Cottage Core
Eric Sloane's Weather Book
The Jane Austen Diet
Wives and Daughters




There are old labels such as isolationism, legalism, escapism, etc. to address people like us who enjoy reading, writing, visiting places of history, re-enactments,  drinking tea from Porcelain cups, playing and working, etc.— labels which are being recycled, which might come to your ears soon. I countered it as best as I could in this broadcast. You probably are already so clever and witty that you have been able to reply to some of these things with ease. This subject begins at minute 30, for those of you like dessert first.

I also thought you might like hearing about "characters" often found in our favorite books, such as predictors of doom, apology extractors and escapist detectors. As always, keep in mind that this is only based on my own observations. Please do your own research and reach your own conclusions and remedies for everything from health, education, leisure time, and people-problems, to homemaking routines.



The view from my window is a good art composition too:


Please enjoy your time while you listen today:

           

4 comments:

Lydia said...

Thank you for posting your videos again. I always enjoy your talks and get a lot done. The pictures you post are lovely and uplifting.
Blessings,
Rebecca

Janine said...

What a lovely room! Enjoyed this talk very much.

Lydia said...

Dear Lydia,

Thank you for coming back so soon and taking the time to bless us with your wise musings and encouragement. I was tempted to forego my appearance today since I made up my mind to work in the garden. However, after listening to the broadcast, I decided to dress up for the vegetables, flowers, and weeds! 🙂I already feel better and more energetic after tending to my appearance. I thank you for your constant reminder to heed good grooming habits no matter what a day may bring. I followed up with making my list; I await the satisfaction of crossing things off as I endeavor to accomplish my tasks,one job at a time.

I have really enjoyed the weather book readings. I feel my head, sinuses and joints are good barometers for the change in the weather patterns. It was nice to hear the author validate my suspicions.

Thank you again for sharing part of your busy day with me, Lydia. I love and appreciate your ministry to keepers at home.
Listening to your talks strengthens my own convictions in so many areas.

Blessings, ❤️Holly

Caroline said...

Dear Lady Lydia, thank you for your encouragement. The last few homemaking radio installments have been very timely. I am inspired and encouraged to be more gentle and gracious in my responses to difficult people. I am also reminded of the grace my Heavenly Father has given me so often. Thank you for encouraging us not to exacerbate a problem but give a soft answer and leave it in the Lord's hands. May it all be to the glory of God and His Kingdom.
Blessings, from Australia