Sunday, October 14, 2012

Claire de Lune


Spring, by John Clayton Adams 1840-1906



I visited a river, with family members, recently, where we had a picnic-tea on a quilt on the shore, and stayed until the moon appeared. It reminded me of the Claude Debussy classical piano piece called "Claire de Lune" which means "moonlight".



These are downloadable, but it is  also nice (and generous)  to have the samples to listen to online.


"Arabesque" lends itself to the sound of water, here.

I like "The Girl With the Flaxen Hair", a soft piano piece you can listen to here, and "Childhood", a lovely piece, here.






7 comments:

Wilday & Smith Property Management & Leasing said...

How nice! I hope you all had a wonderful and relaxing time having tea by the seashore :-) Enjoy the rest of your weekend Lydia!

Eve | Inchworm Chronicles said...

I recognize Debussy as a composer for Ambleside Online this term. Thanks for the reminder of some of these beautiful, soothing songs. I am listening to Clair de Lune at the moment because of your suggestion :-)

My favorite place to find and listen to music right now is Spotify. For a monthly fee, I can search for and make playlists easily of almost any music I want and listen from my computer. It's a wonderful resource.

Blessings,
Eve

Finding Joy said...

Debussy is one of my favourite composers, very gentle music. Jean Sibelius would have to be my other favourite.

We are off (my husband and I) on a picnic tomorrow - making the food now to take with us. No quilted rug though, some comfortable chairs!!

Gayle said...

So lovely,what fun it must be to be in your family!Thank you for the link to the music, Moonlight Sonata is one of my favorites and I saw it in the sidebar.

Gayle said...

So lovely,what fun it must be to be in your family!Thank you for the link to the music, Moonlight Sonata is one of my favorites and I saw it in the sidebar.

Farrah said...

A picnic tea by a river sounds lovely! I hope you have a blessed week.

Anonymous said...

Sooo beautiful. I can just imagine the tea picnic on the riverbank with family. How relaxing!

So glad you were able to have your end of summer tea picnic when you did as the Lord has seen fit to bless us with the long awaited rain.

Mrs. J.