Monday, January 09, 2017

Winter Tea


(Picture from Pinterest)


Fiona Ferris in New Zealand, where winters can be very cold in the southern areas, has an e-book on the winter season. Her blog, "How to be Chic" is included on my blogroll list at the left.

I have been looking at Winter Tea in Small Hotels in the UK:

Winter Tea at Down Hall Hotel in Hertfordshire



Miss B's Tea Shop in Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire


Tea at the Empress Hotel in Victoria, British Columbia:




Close Hotel Great Fosters in UK



Below: I like these tea ingredients except for ginger. It is one of the spices I never was able to like.

Lennox company ad:

5 comments:

Homemaker'sThoughts.blogspot.com said...

I think you have inspired me. Tomorrow is supposed to be another snowy, cloudy day where we live. Because of your lovely pictures, I am going to bake some scones and make some tea and enjoy it while looking through an old Victoria magazine! : )

God's Grace Overflows said...

Beautiful tea settings, Lydia!Its always nice to have a pretty tea set to enjoy a cup of hot tea in. :)

I hope you stay warm and cozy this week!

Hugs & Blessings,
Amy

Alex said...

How lovely! In front of a roaring fire like that, tea would be a leisurely affair, for sure!
I do have a little electric woodburner with 'flames'..not the same, but you have inspired me to make a little time for myself this afternoon and have a tea when the light starts to fade (not very late~ about 3.30!)

Lynn said...

Lydia has certainly inspired us all to have our own teas....doing so tomorrow....cucumber sandwiches and some scones...on a little table with table cloth next to my electric 'fire place'...we can all be thinking of one another tomorrow doing our teas across the nation...and the world?

Willow said...

Dear Lydia, I was just reading through some old posts here and came across this one, featuring a photograph of Miss B's tearoom in Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire. I have visited there many times, as it is in a small market town 8 miles from where I live! Melton Mowbray is also famous for pork pies and Stilton cheese! So lovely to see this cosy tearoom on your blog!
Lindsay x