Wednesday, May 04, 2022

Athenian History Part 1, With Commentary and a Bit of Humour

  
Hello Dear Ones,

I have wanted to broadcast more often but my descendants have descended on The Manse. That is why they are called descendants.  However it has all been put to good use. Our eldest grandson developed an interest in history and I was able to derive some content for posts.

Please enjoy your work, while you listen. This is one I will listen to, as well. (I never listen to my own broadcasts because I would find all the mistakes and then delete everything.) 
You will find that Athens had the same ridiculous politics as in current times, and Isaac approaches it all with wry commentary, and you will learn where “ostracized “ came from.

4 comments:

Laura Jeanne said...

Lydia, your grandson is one smart cookie. I enjoyed this lecture on Athenian politics - it was fascinating, and I am especially glad to learn where the term "ostracism" comes from. Too bad we didn't copy *that* element of ancient Greek democracy to the modern world!

Lynnette said...

What an intelligent and well spoken young man! Thank you for allowing him to share his knowledge with us. What a blessing to have such a wonderful grandson, and how blessed he is to have you as his grandmother.

Janine said...

Very interesting! I made cupcakes for mother's day while I listened.

Joyful noise said...

Dear Lydia:

What a charming grandson you have. He reminds me of John Boy from the Waltons. I love that you always mention "your descendants" You always bring so much comfort and joy. Praise the Lord for your beautiful family. God bless you greatly. Maria.