Monday, November 28, 2022

Talking About Ordinary Things


Hello Ladies,
I hope you are doing the best you can in your current circumstances and have great plans for improvement.

Today I read from the diary of a 16 year old girl from the book by E. Prentiss, "Stepping Heavenward."  I also read a section about the importance of natural darkness in nighttime for good rest and ultimate good health, from Bryan Kowslowski's "The Jane Austen Diet. From "Simple Social Graces" (The Benevolence of Manners) I read how housekeeping was a shared family value, not entirely relegated to the woman of the house. Though she guided it, she had plenty of willing helpers. I mentioned that homemaking is a matter of good character, in that it requires knowledge, courtesy, love, determination, and steadfastness. 

A gloomy sky did not deter me from my
sipping and today I did not walk far from home to rest my fanciest cup on
the abandoned old truck. Every farmer has one. It has become a form of art.

This blend I call "Old Truck Elegance."

Please enjoy your work or your walk or your rest while you listen today:

3 comments:

Lydia said...

Dear Lydia,

I have been listening to your wonderful talks. I truly love hearing you speak while I work around my home. You said something that really resonated with me the other day… you mentioned how there seems to be so much emphasis on going to the mission field, but little is said about staying put and being the guardian and guide of our own home. So, thank you for gently reminding us of the little mission field right in our own backyard among our families and neighbors. Your broadcasts are always a source of inspiration and encouragement to me! Thank you, Lydia.

Blessings,
❤️Holly

Christal said...

I'm so happy to spend some of my day with you, you make my home keeping more enjoyable listening to all the interesting things you tell us. I did dishes, kitchen cleanup, put laundry on, straightened the living room and made the bed. Ms. Lydia do you feel the same about women being keepers of the home if they don't have children? I feel as though our Savior wants women in the home. I do feel like several people think that especially if you don't have children you should definitely be working full time.

Janine said...

I resonated with all you said! Such great topics. I fristed cupcakes, did laundry and cleaned out a closet while I listened.