Thursday, December 28, 2023

Making Home Pleasant (Food, Manners, Poetry, Education)



Hello lovely ladies at home (and those who want to be).

The video is at the end of this page.

Today I "broadcast" from my sewing room. These sessions are designed to listen while you get a few things done at home. 



I wore this butterfly cotton  print dress, which I sewed many years ago from this pattern, Simplicity 9198: 


Below is a picture from an old book I have. I was looking at it with some of you in mind,  who are on your own much of the time. I spoke about it not being necessary to have company in order to create something like this. 

These are the books I read snatches from. I am enjoying my latest acquisition "Jane Austen's Table" which was published a few years ago. 


I do so appreciate you coming to listen. It motivates me to continue to publish. Originally these were intended for my descendants, but I decided to share it with you all. 



2 comments:

Janine said...

You look like you just stepped out of the original Victoria magazine! You look so pretty and I love your backdrop. I just bought 2 different Color Me Beautiful books at our favorite used bookstore. Apparently their color scheme wasn't detailed enough....it worked for some people but not others, and now instead of 4 seasons there are 12 categories, but I still enjoyed the books. I'm still a winter. Two years ago I dyed my hair lighter in the summer and it looked terrible! Now I'm going darker and I can instantly see the difference. Same with my clothes colors. I learned that muted blue looks terrible on me! I had to let go of several clothes that color. I enjoyed this talk! The only problem with not watching your videos all the way to the end on YT is that YT is no longer recommending you...you recorded this 7 days ago! But I hit the like button. I liked the synopsis about the difference between the OT and NT as well.

Holly King said...

"Making my home pleasant" is a wonder to read about. Thank you for all your wonderful efforts ideas and for making them available for us to hear.