Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Quiet Days


Hello Everyone and Welcome to The Manse.


No great throng came over on the   25th but we texted each other and that was nice. I spent the day catching up on a few household things that had been nagging me for awhile, and walking (carefully) outside.


I like this primitive-porcelain contrast of the distant fog shrouding the forest, with the shining teacup. That is what my stealth-sipping is all about--contrasts.
 

I hope you'll find plenty to do whilst listening the broadcast. I appreciate those of you who are praying for me to come here more often. That is what I am hoping to do, especially for anyone who feels isolated.

In this broadcast I told about an interesting person who told us the story of his recovery from a debilitating illness that left him unable to walk or talk, and how he lost his memory and got it back, by walking.

I mentioned this lady who has short videos for at-home exercise, that take only a few minutes of your time. It might mean the difference between health and illness. The man we met on the side of the road told us there are two kinds of people in a stressful situation: those who sit it out and wait, and those who use it as fuel to make something better of themselves.

In the broadcast I also shared that gifts were small hand written “magazines” with word searches and pages to write ideas and plans. 

You can make something like this just by folding paper in half and filling all four sides with your own games, puzzles, questions, assignments, recipes, and an art section.

The day is half gone and the light is fading but I am going to go about The Manse as if it is early and I'm only starting and see what I can do. If  I get more essentials done, I can relax a little more and get to work on bigger things that have been pressing on me.

 Please be happy while you listen today:



 For today's mental challenge, please get out your paper and pencil and see how many words you can get from this word:

Tranquility.

You can leave your list in the comments. There are almost 20 one-syllable and two syllable words.

Some people have a system of finding the words, by wearing out the first letter and combinations, and then the next letter. Most of it won't be real words but you'll eventually find a word.its a Scrabble game technique.

 Here is another word-puzzle for you:

Proverbs 14:30  A tranquil _______ is _____________to the _________.

Ist Peter 3:4 ...the inner person of the __________, the lasting __________of a ________and
tranquil ________.


5 comments:

Rose said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janine said...

Loved your video as usual. Within 10 minutes I found 24 words: an, it, ran, lit, tan, tit, tat, quilt, trail, train, quail, trait, ratty, quaint, tranquil, tray, rain, rail, iraq, tail, nail, tilt, nyquil, itty

That was fun. I always liked this game. My mom and I play tge board game UpWords often, and Scrabble. Xoxo

Lydia said...

Dear Lydia,
It was another encouraging and interesting post to read and was a bright spot in the day for me.
My husband is very ill and the tips and advice you shared on being a caregiver were comforting.
I made a list of words extracted from "tranquility" and came up with 25 - but there are probably a lot more than that. It was a nice brain-stimulating distraction for these "gray-cells".
I'm so grateful for the blessing of being home. I heartily agree with you that the home is the best luxury of all.
With love in Christ Jesus from,
L in ID

Lydia said...

Thanks for responding, Janine. Did you get quality and quantity?

Christine said...

I save your videos for the busier and more challenging part of my day.
I'm now in the habit of making my bed first thing, getting ready for my day, dressed, hair combed and makeup on.
Today, I made dinner forthis evening and baked banana bread, then cleaned up the kitchen. It wasn't a chore because you talked me through all of it. I just finished my Peppermint Tea and ready for the rest of my day.
Thank you for beening a friend to all of us, stay at home homemakers!