Saturday, February 04, 2012

Pretty Pink Altered Box


Roses III by Fasini, from Allposters.


If you just checked in from Pink Saturday and are looking for card ideas, please look at my  Sparkly Heart Cards on this previous post and this one too as well as this one.


This covered box is made from an empty tea box like the previous post.


Using some things cut from old greeting cards and some scrapbook materials, a ribbon, jewel stickers and puff paint, the top is created , which is a little bigger than the box.

I used metallic wrapping paper that was saved from something else. These strips were cut and folded to be glued over the corners of the box to give it a finished look.


Here are some of the materials I considered using. The key was painted with puff paint to match the pink theme of the box.

This is the pattern for the box tops.
For more detailed information on how to cover the box, go to the previous post here.

I cut a small piece of cardstock to look like a little card on which to write a short greeting or a person's name, and pasted it next to the bouquet of roses. 

I am linking to Beverly who hosts Pink Saturday, so that we can see the creative things other people do if they have time after getting the dishes washed and the laundry put away ! Scroll down on the Pink Saturday link and see the little windows with all the delicious creativity that abounds.

Here is a card from a previous post.


and here is one from another post.




8 comments:

Lydia said...

Andrea,

You can use large pieces of scrapbook paper (not card weight but thin paper) and old wrapping paper saved from other things. Martha Stewart has some wrapping paper you can make here
http://www.marthastewart.com/268404/lace-wrapping-paper?czone=holiday/valentine-center/valentine-cnt-gifts&center=276967&gallery=275749&slide=268404?xsc=eml_crd_2012_02_04&om_rid=MR$UwH&om_mid=_BPLSz$B8d9ClcR but you can always take plain paper and rubber stamp it or put stickers on it to decorate it after you have glued it to your box. Dollar store has white wrapping paper and plenty of roses and other prints of gift wrap.

Lorraine said...

The box is so pretty, thanks for the tutorial! Your cards are beautiful, too! Thanks for sharing. Happy Pink Saturday!! ~Lorraine ♥♥♥

Jenny's Heart said...

I am loving your papercrafts!
I love the box! You know I am so gonna have to steal that idea :)

Lydia said...

Jenny,

I would like to see what other people do with this idea. You can make up your own box top shape, too, or just trace around the top of your box onto colored or plain cardstock, and then with deckle edge scissors cut an inch around the outside. I tried this but found I could not really get it straight unless you also measure another square around the original square and just cut exactly on the outer drawing.

Jeannie Marie said...

How pretty! So glad I stopped by!

Kristy said...

Love the valentine craft ideas. By the way I've started a devotional blog at http://kristysdesk.blogspot.com. Check me out and let me know what you think. I've been a fan of your blog for a long time. Blessings, Kristy

hazelnut said...

Lady Lydia,
It was so lovely to visit your calm and contented blog after a busy day today.Really therapeutic!
Sweet pink hearts are just what I needed.
I really enjoyed the post on getting snowed in, too! We have a little bit in the UK, but not so bad. I still like the ideas, tho'.

Don't ever change, Lydia! you really do help people.


Alex L-S'/ 'Hazelnut' xx

Marqueta (Mar-kee-ta) G. said...

Dear Lady Lydia,

These are so wonderful! Thank you for all the sweet, fun creations that you inspire us with. I have five little girls that LOVE girly crafts, and love new ideas.

Love,

Marqueta