Thursday, December 18, 2014

A Peaceful Day

Greetings Dear Ladies,

It has been a quiet and peaceful day, and I have been busy with ordinary things.  If I wait too long to write a post, I get calls from around the world to see if I am still alive, so I thought I better not wait too long to write.  I am still working on an article and am not ready to publish it, so for today, these pictures are all I have to share.  The cheerful yellow teacup (pictured above)  is one of the new designs at Royal Albert.com.  



I found this picture in the recent Women's World magazine, which is sold at the grocery store. I do not usually buy this magazine but when I flipped through it I thought so many of the photos were so inspiring that I could put some of them in my scrapbook, including this one, above, with an interesting ornament theme. Click on the picture, above, for a larger view.




 Here is another one of those beautiful cups from Royal Albert.com.
Today was a lovely day and I did not get any photographs of our ladies luncheon but I can describe briefly the event: Each lady made a comment on the 2nd chapter of Luke, describing the birth of Christ, and one particular comment stands out in my memory: The birth of Christ was wonderful, but many people do not understand that His coming also involved His new law which would be written on our hearts if we willingly embrace it. Some people just leave Jesus in the manger and do not realize that the Christian life goes beyond that, into a change of life. It is easy to love a tiny baby but the strong teachings of Christ are another matter. Let us go beyond the babe in the manger and know Christ as an adult.

Thank you for your comments, especially those of you who read regularly but have never commented. I appreciate it.






<!--

2 comments:

Gina said...

I am a new reader to your blog. I have really enjoyed it. Love your pictures of the tea cups and saucers. I love tea cups too. I have 2 from my Grandmother. Have a wonderful Christmas celebrating the birth of our Lord!

Christine said...

Just wanted to let you know, that I had a friend over for coffee this morning. I brought out my best china, set a "fancy" table, with fresh linens. We sat at the table, listen to Christmas music and looked at the tree.
Special!!
Thank you for pushing me to go beyond average. It was great.