Saturday, December 20, 2014

A Little Fellow Follows Me



The weather is blustery and blowy and dripping rain, so I want to wish you a warm and dry day in the home. I am sharing a photograph that was taken a few months ago of my husband and his two-year old grandson. I have included one of his favorite poems that he often uses in church bulletins on Father's Day or in sermons about Christian manhood.  The photograph is too adorable to wait until 
Father's Day and my DH asked me to post it just now.  I do not know how the camera caught this little fellow aping his Papa almost perfectly, but God may have had His hand in it. They were taking a walk to the end of the road to check the mailbox just behind that tree. I will brag and say the little fellow is following a man I have known for 44 years, and that I have never been able to find anything wrong with him.  Therefore, I think its safe for some little guy to follow him. 



THE LITTLE CHAP WHO FOLLOWS ME!"


A careful man I want to be;
A little fellow follows me.
I do not dare to go astray
For fear he'll go the self same way.

I cannot once escape his eyes,
Whate'er he sees me do, he tries.
Like me he says he's going to be;
The little chap who follows me.

He thinks that I'm so very fine,
Believes in every word of mine.
The base in me he must not see;
The little chap who follows me.

I must remember as I go
Through summer's sun and winter's snow,
I'm building for the years to be;
The little chap who follows me.



Author: Unknown



10 comments:

Nadege said...

Lovely, lovely photo - you've certainly brightened my weekend. Thank you!

Lydia said...

So nice to see you, Nadege!

SharonR said...

What a great picture. Goes perfectly with the poem.

Susan said...

I am so glad you could capture such a lovely moment. It is frame worthy and the little guy will love it when he gets older. Thank you for sharing this and I love the poem.

Ginger said...

When I opened your post, the little yellow house took my breath away. I fear my love of little cottages is getting a bit worldly. No, that can't be true. God wants us to love beauty, that's why he made the earth so beautiful. Thank you.

Mrs. Cote said...

That picture is so heartwarming. I think it is so very sweet!

Dawn said...

What a sweet photo of grandfather and grandson.

The poem is lovely.

Anonymous said...

Lady Lydia, could you please blog about your marriage? I loved your comment about how you have known him for 44 years and have yet to find something wrong with him. You must have a beautiful story, and I think it would be a great blog post to write down your love story and how you two have made your marriage thrive! :)

Lydia said...

Your identity name is not working.

It isn't really that much to do with me. He had a good upbringing and he learned to do right and be kind.

A post on marriage would entail some thought. I have to be careful what I do because of the wolves on the web and in life. But if anyone has any ideas on how this may be done while preserving my husband's privacy, please comment. It's always a very risky thing to write about your own marriage or children online for the public, even when it is in a favorable light. You have seen what the haters can do to homemakes online.

Michelle said...

I love this photo, and I saved the poem. I'm so glad you're careful to honor your husband's privacy. I don't have a blog, but after hearing about other blogger's experiences, I understand why you would be cautious. Thank you for finding ways to encourage other women and still keep your personal life private. May God bless you for what you do.